• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

People's thoughts on the Hermes H08

Just stumbled across this (thanks google recommended articles) and wondered what others thought of this, purely from an appearance view obviously.

Hermes-H08-Joel-Von-Allmen-13-660-X-550.

I must say my first impression is that I do like the look a lot (well my first impression was "Ooh, how much," and then my second impression was "doh! More than I can afford", so it was actually my third impression).

I like the squared off case as a change of pace from my largely round collection, I like the all black that still seems legible and easy to read, slipping the date between hours rather than losing a number is a nice touch in my opinion, the internal second track is unusual without being daft or gimmicky whilst allowing that funky arrow style second hand to sit symetrically (well not due to the different ends, but you know what I mean).

The Gunmetal looking, white feature version looks nice too:

hermes-drops-h08-first-dedicated-mens-co

Defintiely a sporty looking watch, but one that would still sit nicely with a suit, 39mm is my perfect size for a modern watch, although I assume this will wear a little bigger due to corners.

The only initial thing that stands out in a negative way (not sure its fully negative, just first impressions that I keep being drawn back to with a slightly twisted facial expression) is the numbering, I'm not usually a fan of the numbers flipping over in each pole of the watch (although it is OK on some and not a big deal) but that number 8 keeps pulling my eye towards it, the 3, 6 and 9 to a lesser extent, but that 8 makes me uncomfortable.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty smart, I'll not be selling one of the bricey children down a mine to raise the £4k+ needed to make a purchase, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it for the future.

Welcome anyone elses thoughts, or indeed opinions on the brand (one I know very little about*).

* Truthfully I know very little about ALL watch brands, but with Hermes it is slightly less than my sual very little!

A few days on and from a position of "pleasantly intrigued" I'm growing towards "very much like".

Not my normal narrow field of likes (it would be fair to call my collection a bit samey) but I do think it is a very attractive watch.

I thought Hermes were more of a ladies brand, not sure I'd seen (certainly not noticed) gents watches from them before, but I think they have hot a nice point with this one.

On 09/04/2021 at 16:31, WRENCH said:

That date window spoils the show for me.

I like this though.

1000w.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&fm=jpg&q=55&

An attractive watch, what size is it?

On 11/04/2021 at 12:37, BondandBigM said:

When you see the price of their apple watch straps it makes the belts look good value 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

https://www.hermes.com/uk/en/product/band-apple-watch-hermes-single-tour-44mm-deployment-buckle-H078782CJ89/

the apple watch hermes dial (oh god forgive me for saying this :() looks better than the actual hermes watch - as its not spoiled by that dreadfully positioned date. 

why the heck are there date complications on expensive watches anyway ? unless you stole the bloody thing you either are wealthy enough not to care or you afford to have your p.a. tell you the day , date , month and year every now and again. 

the apple watch hermes dial (oh god forgive me for saying this [emoji20]) looks better than the actual hermes watch - as its not spoiled by that dreadfully positioned date. 
why the heck are there date complications on expensive watches anyway ? unless you stole the bloody thing you either are wealthy enough not to care or you afford to have your p.a. tell you the day , date , month and year every now and again. 

Plenty of ‘expensive’ watches out there without date complications for you:

6123a3f4b42fbbd6626f8f1b7b8136a2.jpeg
ea1af62268474f99637b851a8c170cd8.jpeg
c24c16c2de5fc3a8b47224e6bbc1fe87.jpeg
9afbe5eb27f52f6c9dd8c5cde9feb215.jpeg
945d8da935b0c45853c5456d25a5c245.jpeg

When are you planning on buying one?

12 hours ago, Rotundus said:

the apple watch hermes dial (oh god forgive me for saying this :() looks better than the actual hermes watch - as its not spoiled by that dreadfully positioned date. 

Of course, they could tell you the time too...

• Haha 1

Just now, Perlative Cernometer said:

Of course, they could tell you the time too...

dont be bloody silly - thats what the watch is for :laughing2dw:

4 hours ago, Igerswis said:

Plenty of ‘expensive’ watches out there without date complications for you:

6123a3f4b42fbbd6626f8f1b7b8136a2.jpeg

945d8da935b0c45853c5456d25a5c245.jpeg

When are you planning on buying one?

there was a time when the proplof was on the list but i have lost some of the love for a dive bezel - oddly for me the sevenfriday is the most appealing of those shown and i dont usually go for a fussy dial.

:rltrlt: