• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday 10 April WRUW?

1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I have had two near misses in my life with electrics, the first being very similar to your story. My first job after leaving school was working in a kitchen & bathroom showroom, the owner had sold an extractor from one of the displays and said he had switched off the power to the kitchen display. He had switched off the power to the wrong display and there was a huge flash as I cut through the cable for the extractor...it melted the Stanley knife blade, but the body of the knife was plastic so I was thankfully very lucky.

My second brush with electrics was checking the wiring on a double socket on a house a friend had bought, I did nothing more that remove the two screws for the face plate and the there was a huge flash. I did get electrocuted this time, my left thumb took the hit and it was burnt black, and had no feeling in it for about 3-4 months.

I don't like something that is invisible and can kill you, I am quite happy to do plumbing work as I am quite a good swimmer. :teethsmile: 

I'm originally a time served fitter which occasionally involved tampering with leccy, mostly you'll survive 240v but a good belt off of 440v and a few amps is usually more than the old ticker or your thumb can cope with. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

mostly you'll survive 240v but a good belt off of 440v and a few amps is usually more than the old ticker or your thumb can cope with. 

My thumb has almost legendary earthing properties, but I think I would prefer to avoid any interaction with 440v for the time being. :teethsmile:

Third time lucky?...I think 440v would win that fight.

11 hours ago, SolaVeritate said:

Oh! I like that!

Its the depth of it. Seems like a nice bracelet too.

Its one of those things that just tick my tocks, shall we say.

Well done.

Cheers mate, it is indeed an awesome looking thing, and one of my favourites.  The carbon core doesn't really show up very well in my previous photo, but you can see it better here:

20200519_145923

:yahoo:

• Like 1