• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday 10 April WRUW?

Simple Sekonda for me today.

large.20210410_091335.jpg.6610ba7034d60d742a245def30787cd3.jpg

But I might switch to a chrono for the football later on.

1 minute ago, SolaVeritate said:

Simple Sekonda for me today.

large.20210410_091335.jpg.6610ba7034d60d742a245def30787cd3.jpg

But I might switch to a chrono for the football later on.

And I'm an hour fast?? :tongue:

I'm lucky I looked at my post.

• Like 10

Morning,

Staying with my Timex theme from yesterday with this cheap as frites Kelton auto, produced in Besançon as a collaboration between Timex and Stéphane Boullier of Vixa fame, an arrangement which lasted from 1955 until 1961 when Timex took overall control of the brand.

The company closed its doors in 1987 although the Kelton name was revived a couple of times under different owners from 1999 onwards.

Today’s example probably dates from around 1960 and runs on a Timex M29, which was essentially their M22 but with an auto module bolted on to it.

Regards.

Kelton auto v.3.jpg

Kelton auto M29 v.3.jpg

Edited by Balaton1109
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

99-8xk1n-OvIbksg1SpjCpuglJX3slvw5_za7tub

My oldest watch, and still my favourite, I think.

I had the piano tuned yesterday, the first time in almost 2 years. My tuner expressed concern that the humidity level in the room was too low: arid air can wreck pianos as the wood shrinks and the first symptom of trouble is usually that the pins loosen in the pin block and the piano won't stay in tune: all those strings exert many tonnes of pressure on the iron frame. She recommended house plants as a good way of keeping the humidity up, so I have ordered a couple of areca palms, which are rated by NASA (!) as a good bet to clean the air and add moisture.

As it happens, Blüthners have a reputation of very good stability, and it was hardly out of tune despite me having played it a lot. I think it was largely neglected for many of its 85 years since being manufactured so it should be OK for a few more years yet.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

My 1977 Datejust gets an airing for the weekend (going to see my folks for just the second time in 16 months, so nice to share with my Dad for the first time!)

WR9o655.jpg

30 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Tisell Submersible today. Getting through them slowly.
p?i=93a1b0748c05c677d5f5a6e7236981f0

That is a fine looking watch.

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Awesome G-Shock carbon core for me today:

20200519_150016

:thumbsup:

Nice.:thumbsup:

It has a second hand!

4 hours ago, greasemonk said:

speedy today..gf8HmGI.jpg?1

Beautiful.

• Like 5