UK Watch Forum banner

The 2021 Tudor “Bay-tona” - First Impressions?

3K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  SolaVeritate 
#1 ·
I have absolutely no idea how I've managed to miss this over the last week-or-so, but wow! That new selection of BB Chrono's is simply stunning:-

A518-AB04-5-B3-D-43-FD-AF41-7-B8322-EF60

CB0-F1368-A401-4845-8-EA4-99770-B170907.

0-F6-C20-A0-FB7-E-4-C1-E-9063-ABD4-E99-F

I do get a slight Daytona vibe from them (not a bad thing), although it's still more than different enough to be taken seriously as it's own thing, probably leaning towards the white even though the black looks more legible. Priced at £3,900 on bracelet and with the recent price hike by Omega for the Speedy could we see this as the go-to "Budget" Chrono on the market, especially considering it's got the heritage, and who am I kidding, It's a COSC Chrono for under £4K!? They've also got the size right at 41mm making it wearable for the majority of people, I was worried that it was going to be 42-44 so really pleased with that. It's likely to be my watch for 2021 if they don't become a unicorn of sorts before I buy one, I can definitely see it having a waiting list and the initial price going up somewhat on the grey market as it's likely to be popular and sell above list.

Personally, I feel that Tudor have been hitting home-runs, the BB58 Blue last year is gorgeous and priced to sell, these new additions are again fantastic time pieces and priced at a point more accessible than the competition (I would have preferred a red BB58 than the other colour ways but I guess they are holding that for 2022).

Whats everyone else's thoughts and opinion? Are you disappointed that they didn't look to do something more unique / interesting or do you think they've moved into a space that would benefit from this type of aggressively priced time piece?

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm not generally a fan of chrono's, but I do like a panda, and I really like the look of both of those.

I guess that the Hamilton is the more realistic option to me unless I find a willing buyer for my kidney.

#14 ·
I had a look at one yesterday in Chester. The black with white dials version. It was really, really nice, felt robust. I was looking at a BB and BB58, and she said 'check out the chrono if you want'. I've now convinced myself in want one of these over BB58 now.

Its definitely going to be one of the hot watches this year.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hmm.. :hmmm9uh:

The first watch I acquired 'recently' was a chronograph. I specifically asked for one to use its functions, specifically the tachymeter.

Unfortunately it was hijacked as a 'gift' from a woman and although it works great, it does not have any class.

Being honest, I don't usually wear a watch that has useless functions (at the time of wearing it) as they kind of get on my nerves. I would use my chronograph for work then change into something else when I arrived home.

Chronographs do get used for their functions and being able to quickly read them, reset them and hold information is essential.

#27 ·
A chrono with 200m WR?

Truly a "watch for all seasons".

Personally though I come from the school who would never even wash up in any mechanical watch, no matter what it said on the dial. And this has three times as many points of possible ingress as the average "diver".

I'll pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.