• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The 2021 Tudor “Bay-tona” - First Impressions?

Hmm.. :hmmm9uh:

The first watch I acquired 'recently' was a chronograph. I specifically asked for one to use its functions, specifically the tachymeter. 

Unfortunately it was hijacked as a 'gift' from a woman and although it works great, it does not have any class. 

Being honest, I don't usually wear a watch that has useless functions (at the time of wearing it) as they kind of get on my nerves. I would use my chronograph for work then change into something else when I arrived home.

Chronographs do get used for their functions and being able to quickly read them, reset them and hold information is essential.

Edited by SolaVeritate
  • Like 1

A chrono with 200m WR?

Truly a "watch for all seasons".

Personally though I come from the school who would never even wash up in any mechanical watch, no matter what it said on the dial. And this has three times as many points of possible ingress as the average "diver".

I'll pass.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bricey said:

Does he mean the "spots" used as the hour markers? (There is a lot of lingo I'm not up to speed with yet, particularly many of the abbreviations)

The pip, afaik is the lumed dot on the bezel at 12 o'clock used to dive timing. However this has none so I'm confused as to what he's talking about.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayDeep said:

The pip, afaik is the lumed dot on the bezel at 12 o'clock used to dive timing. However this has none so I'm confused as to what he's talking about.

Ironic language is lost on certain nationalities ... generally speaking of course ...

1 minute ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Ironic language is lost on certain nationalities ... generally speaking of course ...

I've found irony is generally lost in the written word as it lacks the natural alteration of tone and physical gestures one sees wheel spoken in person.

2 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

I've found irony is generally lost in the written word as it lacks the natural alteration of tone and physical gestures one sees wheel spoken in person.

Written Irony is often subtle and gently suggested, it often is realised as an afterthought ... I have often heard Americans say that they struggle with written Irony ... you are not alone ... 

On 12/04/2021 at 14:05, Davey P said:

Oh, I can answer that one mate - Nobody! :laugh:

Well you say that, but...

I sometimes press the start button just to check the chrono minute subdial works.

To be fair though, I don't actually time anything.

While we are talking about fairly useless pointless complications....who needs to know if it's a full moon other than a werewolf? :taz:

2 hours ago, AVO said:

I’m beginning to be convinced that I must be the only person on the planet who just doesn’t “get” the whole Tudor and Black Bay thing.

I suppose I feel the same way about Omega, but I don't lose sleep over it, each to their own. :thumbsup:

Pip, Pip. :laughing2dw: (cheerio)

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Well you say that, but...

I sometimes press the start button just to check the chrono minute subdial works.

To be fair though, I don't actually time anything.

While we are talking about fairly useless pointless complications....who needs to know if it's a full moon other than a werewolf? :taz:

I needed a tachymeter for work. It was a quick way to estimate how many units were being produced per hour without all the fuss. Within a minute I could set production speed to balance management expectations against line production workers busting their nada going too fast.. or estimate to management how many units they could expect if everything was in top flight in a few seconds.

They need to be clear and concise if you want to use them properly and get good results.

• Like 1