• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The 2021 Tudor “Bay-tona” - First Impressions?

I have absolutely no idea how I’ve managed to miss this over the last week-or-so, but wow! That new selection of BB Chrono’s is simply stunning:-

A518-AB04-5-B3-D-43-FD-AF41-7-B8322-EF60

CB0-F1368-A401-4845-8-EA4-99770-B170907.

0-F6-C20-A0-FB7-E-4-C1-E-9063-ABD4-E99-F

I do get a slight Daytona vibe from them (not a bad thing), although it’s still more than different enough to be taken seriously as it’s own thing, probably leaning towards the white even though the black looks more legible. Priced at £3,900 on bracelet and with the recent price hike by Omega for the Speedy could we see this as the go-to “Budget” Chrono on the market, especially considering it’s got the heritage, and who am I kidding, It’s a COSC Chrono for under £4K!? They’ve also got the size right at 41mm making it wearable for the majority of people, I was worried that it was going to be 42-44 so really pleased with that. It’s likely to be my watch for 2021 if they don’t become a unicorn of sorts before I buy one, I can definitely see it having a waiting list and the initial price going up somewhat on the grey market as it’s likely to be popular and sell above list.

Personally, I feel that Tudor have been hitting home-runs, the BB58 Blue last year is gorgeous and priced to sell, these new additions are again fantastic time pieces and priced at a point more accessible than the competition (I would have preferred a red BB58 than the other colour ways but I guess they are holding that for 2022).

Whats everyone else’s thoughts and opinion? Are you disappointed that they didn’t look to do something more unique / interesting or do you think they’ve moved into a space that would benefit from this type of aggressively priced time piece?

• Like 3

I'm not generally a fan of chrono's, but I do like a panda, and I really like the look of both of those.

I guess that the Hamilton is the more realistic option to me unless I find a willing buyer for my kidney.

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Correct, but who buys a chronograph to use the functions ?

If you're going to manufacture and market a watch with a chronograph function, then it should at least be functional, regardless of who may or may not choose to use it.  What Tudor has produced is a watch with a chronograph dysfunction. 

Edited by rhaythorne
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

If you're going to manufacture and market a watch with a chronograph function, then it should at least be functional, regardless of who may or may not choose to use it.  What Tudor has produced is a watch with a chronograph dysfunction. 

I had that, but cream and a little tablet cleared it up nicely.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tried one on today, (18kt solid gold pushers on leather...

WOW, just WOW.

What a watch.

Quality as your expect and the design / finish is stupidly good.

When you push the pushers the almost click, well, they do click and the second hand just snaps back to zero in an instant.

Lovely lovely thing

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-chrono/m79363n-0003

I had a look at one yesterday in Chester. The black with white dials version. It was really, really nice, felt robust.  I was looking at a BB and BB58, and she said 'check out the chrono if you want'.  I've now convinced myself in want one of these over  BB58 now.

Its definitely going to be one of the hot watches this year.

On 12/04/2021 at 13:18, WRENCH said:

Correct, but who buys a chronograph to use the functions ?

Someone who values function over hype? :tongue::laugh:

On 12/04/2021 at 17:32, Bricey said:

I had that, but cream and a little tablet cleared it up nicely.

Was that as a result of a prick from the Tudor rose? :laugh::laugh:

On 01/05/2021 at 21:43, Jonesinamillion said:

Tried one on today, (18kt solid gold pushers on leather...

WOW, just WOW.

What a watch.

Quality as your expect and the design / finish is stupidly good.

When you push the pushers the almost click, well, they do click and the second hand just snaps back to zero in an instant.

Lovely lovely thing

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/black-bay-chrono/m79363n-0003

How thick is it? Is it over 15mm do you know?

4 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Pip?

Does he mean the "spots" used as the hour markers? (There is a lot of lingo I'm not up to speed with yet, particularly many of the abbreviations)

10 hours ago, Bow said:

14.2mm, apologies I knew it was thinner than the BB! 

Ah, not quite so impressive.

Not keen on the hour pips tbh, but it's academic for me anyway. I'm sure there will be more than enough people who will want it and can afford it.