• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

best date display ever? New Patek Philippe

I fully appreciate this is like saying the latest Ferrari has the best engine - few of us would even dream of spending 100k on a watch.  But isn't this the most elegant solution to displaying a triple date?

Patek-Philippe-Perpetual-Calendar-5236P.jpg

Being picky I would like a white filler piece between the date numerals to hide the curves.

My kidneys are for sale to the highest bidder :biggrin:

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I agree it's the logical solution. Why don't other makers do it like that?

Also, being dim, what are the two little windows either side of the subdial?

The number of the month?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, scottswatches said:

I fully appreciate this is like saying the latest Ferrari has the best engine - few of us would even dream of spending 100k on a watch.  But isn't this the most elegant solution to displaying a triple date?

Patek-Philippe-Perpetual-Calendar-5236P.jpg

Being picky I would like a white filler piece between the date numerals to hide the curves.

My kidneys are for sale to the highest bidder :biggrin:

What year though? Shame they couldn't add 2 more digits it would have been a full house and then definitely worth the price tag!

It's a brilliant new watch. I'm not really a Patek fan but this was great to see.

Not a fan of the day/night or leap year displays - the latter could be on the back but overall I think they really nailed the design & function.

I've always considered Patek a bit "meh". But seemingly all of the displays in the day/date/month window are coplanar. To my humble mind, that's astonishing horology :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, yokel said:

I've always considered Patek a bit "meh". But seemingly all of the displays in the day/date/month window are coplanar. To my humble mind, that's astonishing horology :thumbsup:

Incredible technical feat, but beautiful classic styling to boot.

4 hours ago, Biker said:

Delicious watch, but I am not convinced with @redmonaco's answer, why have a day night colour indicator next to a day night dial?

Or is the subdial a moonphase indicator?

I was wondering why the left window is white (for day?), but the subdial is showing stars and the moon.