• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko logo "Dissappeared"

Tony Fox

Question

Help, pulling my hair out wondering.

I have a 1980's Seiko 5  and have worn it for a few years, suddenly the Logo above the 5 has literally disappeared. Where ??????????????????????

I have looked and looked with various magnifying glasses and it is not under the glass or on the dial anywhere?

Only thing I could think of is did it somehow slip into the day date area? But it keeps time and day/date perfectly?

You can see the 2 mounting dots on the face but that's all.

Its a 7009-3040E if that helps. Is it expensive to replace as its an heirloom , also how much would a new "glass replacement " cost .

I am a newbee so be gentle

4 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Tony Fox said:

Help, pulling my hair out wondering.

I have a 1980's Seiko 5  and have worn it for a few years, suddenly the Logo above the 5 has literally disappeared. Where ??????????????????????

I have looked and looked with various magnifying glasses and it is not under the glass or on the dial anywhere?

Only thing I could think of is did it somehow slip into the day date area? But it keeps time and day/date perfectly?

You can see the 2 mounting dots on the face but that's all.

Its a 7009-3040E if that helps. Is it expensive to replace as its an heirloom , also how much would a new "glass replacement " cost .

I am a newbee so be gentle

Nope I can't see it either

Looks like you're gonna need open surgery to remove a rogue bodypart...

It's probably fallen through the day/date window and hopefully wedged somewhere safe.. but it will need removed if you want the watch to survive.

Edited by Biker

OK thanks, I guess what I should have asked was "Could it fit in the day date slot?" that must be where it is.

Ok so if I open it up remove the stem , how easy is it to get a replacement glass , if its not plastic and how hard to press it in?

Lots of questions from a newbee thanks