• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Bronze patina thread

So just got my self a steeldive sumo bronze and thought it would be great to see members watches that are slowly changing with the patina 

this is my fresh one as it starts to change will add random pictures as I go 

09D257B6-4FF4-4EE8-9024-45594982ACF3.jpeg

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see how yours develops. I've had a couple of Steinharts (both sold) that have tarnished "gracefully" turning a dirty brown rather than ending up in a shirt staining mess of verdigris.

• Like 1

Bit of a coincidence. Here's my Ancon bronze on day of purchase in March 2016:

IMG-0118-007.jpg

Then in August 2016:

IMG-0003-080.jpg

I think the above saw it at it's best. Today, it is as Wrench described above - a sort of 'dirty brown:

IMG-20210416-222625.jpg

Which is probably why I don't wear it so much anymore. It needs re-setting. Watch this space. Edit - should have mentioned it has been on the wrist today. 

Edited by Caller.

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

Reversed it and sold it :laugh:

How do you reverse them ?

1 minute ago, bowie said:

This is mine when new will take a picture later has started to go dim now naturally

fnQgDyEl.jpg?5

oqJ0H5bl.jpg

FRzkrfjl.jpg

I find these very interesting to see the change on them nice looking watch buddy

1 hour ago, Iceblue said:

How do you reverse them ?

I'll going to try some of that stuff that @Roy used. Also if you want to keep it shiny, once a week with a Cape Cod cloth, or a run round with Brasso or Duraglit, and didn't someone on here discover by accident PVA adhesive or something similar, cleaned things up ?

This stuff costs less than quid and works well on a lot of things.

640x640.jpg

• Like 2