• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watches you just don't wear...

On 17/04/2021 at 09:27, Jonesinamillion said:

I know it's a special watch but I could probably wear that as a daily.

yes you are absoloutley right, as far as "special watches" on here go its not that special i know its a tool watch not a show watch and is meant to be just worn, i have other nive watches i wear but

this one was a aspirational watch for me( one of various special reasons ) and one i never thought i would get anywere near so i should have said its special to me :biggrin:

deano

4 hours ago, deano1956 said:

yes you are absoloutley right, as far as "special watches" on here go its not that special i know its a tool watch not a show watch and is meant to be just worn, i have other nive watches i wear but

this one was a aspirational watch for me( one of various special reasons ) and one i never thought i would get anywere near so i should have said its special to me :biggrin:

deano

Its special full stop!

On 15/04/2021 at 23:46, Bricey said:

I've got a Spurs watch given to me for my 30th that I absolutely will not wear until Jose finds new employment.

Hee Hee!

TQR1GAa.jpeg

A bit battered and scraped, but surviving and still ticking.

That goes for the watch and the (post-Jose) football club!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Hee Hee!

TQR1GAa.jpeg

A bit battered and scraped, but surviving and still ticking.

That goes for the watch and the (post-Jose) football club!

I’d be tying that to a brick and hand delivering it to Spurs after last nights news.

On 16/04/2021 at 14:07, Bricey said:

There is actually loads of watches that I just don't wear, as an example, I don't wear this:

VacheronConstantin-PatrimonyTraditionnel

Or this

AudemarsPiguet-RoyalOakOffshore-26288OF.

I don't even wear this

Rolex-Day-Date-228206-183460-1-210318-16

I could literally go on and on...

Took me a while, but when I did get it I burst out laughing whilst sitting in the barbers......:rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darren 66 said:

Took me a while, but when I did get it I burst out laughing whilst sitting in the barbers......:rofl:

For the record, I don't drive a Tesla and never spend time living in my Spanish Holiday home.

• Like 1

I don't wear...

Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time

Seiko SARB033 Spirit/Black Dial

Seiko SARB035 Spirit/White Dial

Seiko SARB017 Alpinist

Boxed up, unworn (not even tried them on, which I sort of regret) I bought these for my Grandchildren as an odd sort of  investment. In 15-20 years time they might be worth something, they might be worth nothing...who knows.

Not worn for a good/stupid reason, but the watch I would like to wear for a day would be the SARB033, a really nice looking watch.

e3f5ae7bafdab6d3edf9d68a54229e24.jpg

Thanks Pinterest, I haven't get a photo of mine.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Darren 66 said:

I also am not married to Salma Heyak, nor driving a Porsche GT3......

Good job, you'd have just misspelt your own surname.

1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I don't wear...

Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time

Seiko SARB033 Spirit/Black Dial

Seiko SARB035 Spirit/White Dial

Seiko SARB017 Alpinist

Boxed up, unworn (not even tried them on, which I sort of regret) I bought these for my Grandchildren as an odd sort of  investment. In 15-20 years time they might be worth something, they might be worth nothing...who knows.

Not worn for a good/stupid reason, but the watch I would like to wear for a day would be the SARB033, a really nice looking watch.

e3f5ae7bafdab6d3edf9d68a54229e24.jpg

Thanks Pinterest, I haven't get a photo of mine.

A lovely, and very good reason.

But if that was my Grandad, I would have taken a real pleasure in knowing he'd worn them, even once.

Have you considered, and this might sounds daft or a bit soft, but over the coming years when there is a special occasion (landmark birthday, kids/grandkids wedding, christening, etc...) selecting one of the 4 and wearing it for that day. Maybe try and get a photo of it being worn at the event, and adding the photo (maybe even other momento's of the day if there is a placecard on the table or an invite) in with the watch when it goes back in the box.

You get to try out and enjoy each of the watches. Might find there is one you really would like in your own rotation.

PLUS

Your grandkids still get the watch intended for each of them, but along with a note and a photo showing that you, their grandfather, bought it for them and wore it to their; Christening, 21st Birthday, Wedding, or whatever.

The financial value is unlikely to be harmed (unless you get p1ssed at the event and slam your arm through a door), but the sentimental value will increase ten-fold.

All in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bricey said:

A lovely, and very good reason.

But if that was my Grandad, I would have taken a real pleasure in knowing he'd worn them, even once.

Have you considered, and this might sounds daft or a bit soft, but over the coming years when there is a special occasion (landmark birthday, kids/grandkids wedding, christening, etc...) selecting one of the 4 and wearing it for that day. Maybe try and get a photo of it being worn at the event, and adding the photo (maybe even other momento's of the day if there is a placecard on the table or an invite) in with the watch when it goes back in the box.

You get to try out and enjoy each of the watches. Might find there is one you really would like in your own rotation.

PLUS

Your grandkids still get the watch intended for each of them, but along with a note and a photo showing that you, their grandfather, bought it for them and wore it to their; Christening, 21st Birthday, Wedding, or whatever.

The financial value is unlikely to be harmed (unless you get p1ssed at the event and slam your arm through a door), but the sentimental value will increase ten-fold.

All in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

They are all getting a watch each, and I bought them a 1oz Lunar Britannia for their birth year, and some other coins also.

As they grow older they will all get to know that Grandad wears lots of different watches, and that they all have a watch from Grandad, and a bag of coins. Hopefully that will be a little bit more memorable than a savings policy maturing...who knows what they'll think?

3_5eMPQPy.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

They are all getting a watch each, and I bought them a 1oz Lunar Britannia for their birth year, and some other coins also.

As they grow older they will all get to know that Grandad wears lots of different watches, and that they all have a watch from Grandad, and a bag of coins. Hopefully that will be a little bit more memorable than a savings policy maturing...who knows what they'll think?

3_5eMPQPy.jpg

I've just suggested the same to my dad, my sister has three boys and I have 3 boys and 5 girls.

My Dad told me to get stuffed lol

• Haha 3