UK Watch Forum banner

Friday Hurray!

2K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  Perlative Cernometer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have spent many hours looking for the ideal vintage field watch, 33-35 mm case, just enough patina, pencil hands, a bit luminaceous. Well, when one of my own watches for sale came up in my search, I thought perhaps I should look closer to home, and lurking in technology corner I found this!

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Rolco oyster in 'Snowite' case. Beguelin Cal. 51 complete with dust cover.

Automotive lighting Body jewelry Silver Jewellery Eyewear

Having therefore saved several hundred pounds, that means I can now afford an even more expensive watch, doesn't it?

Have a good one.

J

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Only marginally, just finished polishing my post and it's already gone midnight. It might look like I just chuck my posts up ....! But yes, if I start a WRUW thread I post a picture quickly then edit. If you spend ages typing and choosing pictures and looking up info about your watch, by the time you get around to posting it, unbeknownst to you, someone else has come along and started the WRUW thread and we end up with two. By spending as little time as possible starting the thread, the window of opportunity for two people to be doing it at the same time is reduced.

Have another picture.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Can you tell I took it through a magnifying glass?

J

Attachments

#38 ·
I might wear this today..

But I've had it on for 20 minutes or so and the expanding bracelet is doing my nuts in. On the other hand, I'm going to be doing mad random stuff and i really don't mind if this gets damaged.
I switched. The strap killed me. New one ordered.

Sun is shining.. out for a beer.

#22 ·
Morning,

Going a little further East today with this 1960s "cross-dial" UMF (Uhren und Maschinenfabrik) from the Shangri-La that was the GDR.

The shading of the dial sectors change according to the angle of the light and it runs on a UMF 23, a short-lived (1961 - 1963) movement before being superseded by the easier and cheaper to manufacture UMF 24 series.

Regards.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

Metal Circle Fashion accessory Titanium Household hardware

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.