• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

something a little different......

So I have a medium amount of money burning a hole in my pocket (interestingly earnt via a very small amount of money I invested in bitcoin then forgot about....we are not talking Elon Musk amounts here!) and I fancy trying a new brand to me.

I wanted to gauge opinions on the brands below :

Steinhart

MeisterSinger

Fortis

Muhle Glashute

Eterna

Ball

Squale

Unimatic

Baltic

I am not after a specific type of watch but I have been drawn to the brands above. Thanks!!!!

All of these are on my "interested but not yet owned" list (Eterna coming off of that list on Monday!).

For me, Ball and Fortis are closest to the top of the remaining names on the list.

Unimatic and MeisterSinger are probably closest to the bottom.

Maybe find your favourite looking watch from each brand, and then sit them side by side (in a virtual / picture sense) and then see if one is pulling your eye more than the others.

Or double down on the bitcoin until you have enough for one of each!

If you deal with them by phone, Steinhart after sales is second to none that I have experienced. Their turnaround time for service and associated costs have been excellent. After sales is something I take very seriously, the best watch in the world is useless when it's sitting on someone's bench for months. MeisterSinger and Muhle Glashute are both worthy of consideration, solely because I have a good AD local, who keeps things right.

I fall for the BALL train history heritage all the time but havent scratched the itch yet. You will have to decide a style rather than just list manufacturers though wont you. 

2 hours ago, bdalg1 said:

MeisterSinger

I love my MeisterSinger Metris. Fabulous if you are in a relaxed environment and are happy with the notion of “-ISH time”. Pretty useless if you need to keep track of time to the minute, such as at work for example. I bought mine last year as the perfect holiday watch (200 m WR) but unfortunately it has not been worn in that context yet! I think it’s just a lovely relaxed concept, and if I do get the chance to kick back on a Greek beach in the late summer or early autumn, it is going with me!

B109E04B-77EB-422D-B8B4-F17D77389EF3.thumb.jpeg.d33eca61797cbde38476bab8f28bf173.jpeg

I have only owned two of the brands in your list (Fortis & Steinhart) and would buy another of either in a heartbeat! - You really need to search around to find the watch that really grabs you & get the best deal on it - Lots of good sales on at the moment - Bricey mentioned getting an Eterna & I'm sure a lot to do with that was the sale price (found by JoT initially) at H S Johnson (over £1k off RRP)
Good luck :thumbsup:

On 16/04/2021 at 03:09, bdalg1 said:

So I have a medium amount of money burning a hole in my pocket (interestingly earnt via a very small amount of money I invested in bitcoin then forgot about....we are not talking Elon Musk amounts here!) and I fancy trying a new brand to me.

Steinhart

MeisterSinger

Fortis

Muhle Glashute

Eterna

Ball

Squale

Unimatic

Baltic

I am not after a specific type of watch but I have been drawn to the brands above. Thanks!!!!

Minus Steinhart, Unimatic, and Baltic for me. Nothing eterna really does it for me but it's a great brand with rich history. Don't like the sound of the name Squale so have never bothered. If you're going to buy a watch from one of these I would stick with the rest not listed above. Especially from Meistersinger! Those single handers are so cool!