• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tissot Quality Issues?

Hi, apologies as I've also posted in the Tissot owners club but I'm keen to get as many opinions as I can.

I'm thinking about buying my first Tissot but noticed trust pilot is now full of negative reviews about both customer service and quality, lots of problems, esp just after warranty ends but also during warranty periods.

I just wondered what anyone's recent buying experience has been and if anyone has had issues themselves?

I wanted a Tissot because it's an established Swiss name and I'm obviously expecting the quality to match the reputation I know I'm not buying an Omega or Rolex but the name Tissot to me should come with a certain amount of service and quality. I currently have a Wenger as my daily driver and I'm v happy with it but the Tissot in theory is a step up soI don't want to but something that ends up in and out of a repair shop or worse having to be sent to Switzerland after just a few wears as a supposed upgrade if its never going to be here to be on my wrist. 

Any insight v welcome, thanks 

I have a Tissot Visodate and have to say I have had no problems with it. Whilst it looks more expensive than it is, on touching and using it, you can tell it is not the height of luxury but the quality is fine.

Would I recommend Tissot?

Yes.

Thanks when did you purchase it?

Between a Carson and Every time or something that looks v entry level that is just called Tissot brown leather watch....all sale so would only be spending upwards of £150 .... first 2 are half price and the fact that There is a need to discount to that level does make me ask why but equally people haven't been spending in a pandemic.

Tempted by an eco drive instead or an Armani smart watch 

Probably the wrong way to go about things but if i fancy a watch i dont even think about things like this...ie customer service and warranty, Tissot are a respected brand so generally quality shouldnt be too big a problem, if i was unlucky enough to buy a dud i`d obviously be disappointed and get it seen to, but if i was you and i really liked a watch i`d go for it.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Watchityou said:

Hi, apologies as I've also posted in the Tissot owners club but I'm keen to get as many opinions as I can.

I'm thinking about buying my first Tissot but noticed trust pilot is now full of negative reviews about both customer service and quality, lots of problems, esp just after warranty ends but also during warranty periods.

I just wondered what anyone's recent buying experience has been and if anyone has had issues themselves?

I wanted a Tissot because it's an established Swiss name and I'm obviously expecting the quality to match the reputation I know I'm not buying an Omega or Rolex but the name Tissot to me should come with a certain amount of service and quality. I currently have a Wenger as my daily driver and I'm v happy with it but the Tissot in theory is a step up soI don't want to but something that ends up in and out of a repair shop or worse having to be sent to Switzerland after just a few wears as a supposed upgrade if its never going to be here to be on my wrist. 

Any insight v welcome, thanks 

Don't believe everything you read on the tinternet 

:whistle:

:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Watchityou said:

Thanks when did you purchase it?

Between a Carson and Every time or something that looks v entry level that is just called Tissot brown leather watch....all sale so would only be spending upwards of £150 .... first 2 are half price and the fact that There is a need to discount to that level does make me ask why but equally people haven't been spending in a pandemic.

Tempted by an eco drive instead or an Armani smart watch 

Honestly, if you are going quartz for that sort of budget I think you will derive more VFM and pleasure from a Citizen EcoDrive. Many more interesting designs from a proper watch brand, very widely available and good discounts are the norm. :thumbsup:

It's your choice, but fashion brand watches (eg Armani) are...how can I put this...a pile of... er... :whistle:

I've never had any issues with Tissots, although it's quite a long time since I've had one, and I've never had to deal with customer service, although they are so common and straightforward that, should they go wrong once out of warranty, any watchmaker can fix them very easily for not alot of money.

• Like 1

In the past there have been issues with a good number of fake Tissots hitting the market which damaged their reputation for a while which didn't help.

Providing you buy from a reputable source you shouldn't have any trouble at all, Tissot produces some really nice watches and every one that I've owned has been reliable, well-made and a joy to own. I'd not let internet gossip stop you if you like their watches, I don't think for one minute you'll regret it.

• Like 1

I’ve only ever owned one Tissot watch which was a Visodate. My personal experience was that it was exceptional value for money and a beautiful watch. Good timekeeping too if I remember correctly. I would definitely have another.

If your after a Tissot thats great but I'll just throw this at you.

For Tissot budget youll get a Certina and Id argue because Tissot is more main stream youll probably get a better value watch from the underdog. Im sure others on here will advise on this?

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Dilly said:

If your after a Tissot thats great but I'll just throw this at you.

For Tissot budget youll get a Certina and Id argue because Tissot is more main stream youll probably get a better value watch from the underdog. Im sure others on here will advise on this?

Cheers

Tissot, Certina, Mido and Hamilton are all owned by swatch group and use much the same movements, so anything after that is styling and marketing

I own 3 Tissots. The oldest i bought on Ebay and it's one of the "Tissonic" electronic tuning fork watches. It's very pretty but I don't wear it all that often. I also have two "Powermatic 80" watches, one "Le Locle" with the white face and stainless steel bracelet, the other a "Sicilium" - this last keeps amazingly good time.

I'm very pleased with all of them.

Whatever you end up buying, do shop around. There are good discounts to be had.

Thanks for all the input so far.

I should say didn't go looking at trust pilot as a research tool it was v high in the rankings when I was researching the models I was looking at, partly I assume due to the recent volume of reviews.

I like the Tissot name because it does carry a feel of history and refinement, again not to say Tag, Omega or even Rado levels etc but still. I wasn't aware that Certina or Hamilton were part of the Swatch group but I did know that Tissot is, I also understand that Swatch make all.of Calvin Kliens watches.... For less money I could pick up a coach who I gather are actually manufactured by Movado and then still have cash to get more fashion  watch like a Skagen or a MVMT but I figure they'll always be able to be picked up at discount prices and don't carry the cache that a Tissot does on the wrist.