• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Bulova Precisionist - new release.

At first I thought these looked like an expensive visually noisy mess,,, but then they sort of grew on me.  Still not quite my croissant-du-jour but think these are pretty neat. Thought of @Davey P but then saw the price ... are these a tad over priced ? They certainly look well made ....

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-on-bulova-precisionist-x-sport-96b349-for-10th-anniversary-collection/

Bulova-Precisionist-X-Sport-96B349-watch

Bulova-Precisionist-X-Sport-Edition-4.jp

Yuk! That's a whole chunk of fugly …

The Bulova Precisionist X Sport watch is rated at 44.5mm-wide, but without the crown and including the case flanks, it wears closer to 48mm-wide. The case is 17.35mm-thick, and it has a lug-to-lug distance of about 52mm.

• Confused 1

"Let me look, hold on.. yeah its.. quarter past.. no wait thats the seven.. its twenty five.. no, six minutes to.. no, past.. six.. wait seven.. definitely twenty six.. make that.. twenty seven minutes past seven.. yeah twenty seven minutes past seven.. your welcome"

At least it doesn't have a bezel covered in numbers that come in useful when you want to know how much oxygen you have left and how long you need to spend in decompression :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On 20/04/2021 at 11:24, Bricey said:

For me personally, too big and too busy.

Plus every Bulova I've owned has been a bit disappointing.

Spot on.  Bulova; A Hot Mess of Mediocrity

:laugh:

16 hours ago, JayDeep said:

I like busy, to a degree, but Bulova does take that to an extreme with a lot of their fashionable junk.

Harsh...but fair. :thumbsup:

After 14 years in Citizen's ownership, they might have got round to sorting Bulova out.

On 20/04/2021 at 15:32, WRENCH said:

Too small for @Davey P.

I would happily wear that, and despite all the negative comments on here I quite like it  :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, krissy1301 said:

This would be improved no end by getting rid of the clear section of the dial.

This ^ is one of the main problems, and would be enough to stop me buying it (that, and the fact it's 5 x higher than my self-imposed maximum limit... :whistle: ).  Also, the hands are not bold enough to see the time at a glance on such a complicated dial, so........... I'm out! :laugh:

Looking at the photos, if they took away everything including the chrono functions/buttons and the daft date window, and made it into a simple 3-hander, I think it would be stunning.  I might have to do a quick photoshop, just out of interest...........

3 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

Spot on.  Bulova; A Hot Mess of Mediocrity

:laugh:

Harsh...but fair. :thumbsup:

After 14 years in Citizen's ownership, they might have got round to sorting Bulova out.

Don't get me wrong. Bulova and Citizen are my top two affordable brands, and Bulova slightly edges out Citizen for the first spot. I'm just saying this one in particular plus a lot of their "fashion forward" attempts like the curve, just fail miserably for me. Still respect the movement especially as well as the brand on whole.

15 hours ago, Davey P said:

Well, it's a bit rough round the edges, but here's a quick photoshop to show what I meant:

Bulova-Precisionist-X-Sport-Edition-4

Someone should tell those Bulova designers, "less is more..." :laugh:

Significantly better.

I actually like the chronograph functions on the actual watch, it is just that horrendous clear section that puts me off it.

16 hours ago, Davey P said:

Well, it's a bit rough round the edges, but here's a quick photoshop to show what I meant:

Bulova-Precisionist-X-Sport-Edition-4

Someone should tell those Bulova designers, "less is more..." :laugh:

Funny how the eye gets used to stuff - the bottom of the dial looks too bare without a load of nonsense written on it. Needs a limerick or something.

20 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Funny how the eye gets used to stuff - the bottom of the dial looks too bare without a load of nonsense written on it. Needs a limerick or something.

Yes mate, it needs the "Precisionist" and "262KHz" putting back in, but my photoshop skills ran out at that point... :laughing2dw:

I'm not hating that. The style is a bit more "Lorus" than I'd usually go for but considering the technology packed into it, I think I'm a fan.
Personally I like unusual case shapes and odd dial decoration, it helps them stand out from the crowd.

That price though!!!!!   

Bulova ran a similarly spec'd 1/1000th second Precisionist chrono a few years ago, the Champlain (pictured below), which retailed at about £500 or so which I thought was a lot for a Bulova. I've had a couple of different colour variants of that one but never paid more than £200 or so on the second hand market, in fact I either bought one from or sold one to @Davey Pif I recall correctly (which can't be relied on these days!). 

I can't see this flying off shelves at this sort of money ($995 and $1295 - £700+ and £900+!)

aaabulova.jpg

9 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

aaabulova.jpg

I can't ever see myself needing that amount of information more than 2 or 3 times a year. 

I just look down and say "..oh, its about 10 to 4.."

If I wanted to go running or racing I would choose a smartwatch for speed/distance/elevation/heart rate/timer/stopwatch/alarm/recording/comparison ... all on one device.