• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thurs 22 WRUW?

Mowing the lawn then working on the car again so something expendable today. De Tomaso Colorato, Bought as a "how bad can it be" purchase and... really bad. The case is less IP plate and more Hammerite, the case back is one of those with the notches to get a case back removal tool into so you can twiddle it about a bit before you have a closer look and realise there's also a little tab to pop it off and it doesn't screw at all. However I can't really get rid of it because my son has a matching one which was the first watch he actually chose to spend his own pocket money on.

p?i=eec70197c7e9581e530cb351c0564d43

• Like 10

Adie the postie just delivered my Larsson & Jennings, so time for a switch, and then some first impressions:

9P9Buje.jpg

I'm surprised by how smart and comfortable the square dial is, not my usual preferrence by any stretch, but the textured dial is nice, and I don't currently have any other sub second dial watches, so its nice to have one in the group.

4bL2bK7.jpg

An interesting take on the display back, just showing part of the movement, which I think is quite smart, although my first thought was "this doesn't look like an automatic (which is what it was listed as on EBay). The watch came in its original inner and outer box (a very nice box too, which is a big tick from me because I'm the kind of idiot that likes the boxes even though they just get stashed in a drawer). and was clearly unworn as it had a fixed tag that needed to be cut off.

Having had a little play, it is a manual wind rather than an automatic, which is not a big deal but a bit of a pain as I'll invariably need to either remember to wind it each day or reset it each time I wear it, but like I said, its not a deal breaker.

A nice strap, signed clasp, crown and case side and a surprise bargain at £120 delivered (with the original £1,195 RRP stickers still on the outer box).

From what I had always taken as a fashion / department store watch brand, I have to say that I am pretty impressed and will stick with it a while to see how it goes.

:thumbsup:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Morning (Just) :)

A bit later this morning but Roamer 'Superior' (Cal: ETA 955.132)

1367749674_RoamerSuperior(CalETA955.132).thumb.jpg.392c09e85780bdbf25abbc807d98cde0.jpg

Love a Roamer.

18 minutes ago, Ullevi said:

Fortis today:

large.DSC_0116.JPG.acf2155bb0f39681fbacb7ef37b364a8.JPG

And Fortis very close to the top of my "not yet tried, want to get one at some point" list (along with Rado, B&R and Oris + a handful of others I'm unlikely to be able to afford, even pre-owned, for a good while yet).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Adie the postie just delivered my Larsson & Jennings, so time for a switch, and then some first impressions:

9P9Buje.jpg

I'm surprised by how smart and comfortable the square dial is, not my usual preferrence by any stretch, but the textured dial is nice, and I don't currently have any other sub second dial watches, so its nice to have one in the group.

4bL2bK7.jpg

An interesting take on the display back, just showing part of the movement, which I think is quite smart, although my first thought was "this doesn't look like an automatic (which is what it was listed as on EBay). The watch came in its original inner and outer box (a very nice box too, which is a big tick from me because I'm the kind of idiot that likes the boxes even though they just get stashed in a drawer). and was clearly unworn as it had a fixed tag that needed to be cut off.

Having had a little play, it is a manual wind rather than an automatic, which is not a big deal but a bit of a pain as I'll invariably need to either remember to wind it each day or reset it each time I wear it, but like I said, its not a deal breaker.

A nice strap, signed clasp, crown and case side and a surprise bargain at £120 delivered (with the original £1,195 RRP stickers still on the outer box).

From what I had always taken as a fashion / department store watch brand, I have to say that I am pretty impressed and will stick with it a while to see how it goes.

• Like 1

Citizen Promaster radio controlled, EcoDrive. 

New acquisition which had to wait for a bracelet to arrive.  More features than the local cinema and solar powered which will appeal to the climate changers. 

IMG_20210422_142458_edit_134166106772756.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, kevkojak said:

I've put my Oris Sixty-Five diver on, but I'm quickly going off it so I imagine I'll be taking it off again!

Green dial and the steel bezel (most of the green ones have the bronze bezel). Took some finding to be honest. 

The stupid domed sapphire makes it impossible for someone with my skill level to photograph though, here's a snap from when I bought it - I'll try some more pictures outdoors.

DSC08773.jpg

Steel.  Mmmmmmmm.

3 hours ago, ong said:

Citizen Promaster radio controlled, EcoDrive. 

New acquisition which had to wait for a bracelet to arrive.  More features than the local cinema and solar powered which will appeal to the climate changers. 

IMG_20210422_142458_edit_134166106772756.jpg

I am getting rid of my eco drive RC world timer because the semi-skeleton hands are a bit weak - you definitely don't have that problem!

Love it.

5 hours ago, Bricey said:

And Fortis very close to the top of my "not yet tried, want to get one at some point" list (along with Rado, B&R and Oris + a handful of others I'm unlikely to be able to afford, even pre-owned, for a good while yet).

It's not the watch, it's the way he wears 'em!

• Thanks 1