• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW April Friday 23rd

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

New in yesterday and photographed in the early hours of this morning, after I'd done a Polywatch job on the crystal. It's a Modaine Sky Hawk, made by - wait for it - Fabrique d'Horlogerie Neuchâtel somewhere around 1960. Inside is a Felsa 4002, packed with 30 fine Swiss Rubis and I now have a furrow in my index finger from setting the date. I've been looking for one of these for a while though, so the pain was worth it. :)

Modaine Sky Hawk

Modaine Felsa 4002

Modaine Sky Hawk

Although Ranfft dates the movement to 1955, I think this must be a bit later. Erwin Bernheim bought into Neuchâtel in 1958, around the time he registered "Sky Hawk". "Modaine", with the clock and mountains logo, was registered the following year. The company didn't become Mondaine Watch Co until 1967. Here's a Davoine advert from 1961.

image.png.4b69cd1924d60519637f4c75a085301d.png

Thank you for updating 5he connection  and the missing ‘n’  the back case design is a true winner .

• Thanks 1

Day of rest ( ie just weeding and watering ) today after much joinery and painting and paying for 710's gardening stuff and doing the heavy lifting :laughing2dw:

2021-04-23_11-45-00

The other G just for the sake of a change, back to MM as usual for cocktails* on the patio later.

*Peroni for SWMBO, IPA pour moi :thumbsup:

• Like 7
  • Agree 1