• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

A couple from the bootsale this morn!

Hi all

I picked up two watches this morning at the bootsale, A TV shaped Timex (Have a boxed one somewhere with the same gp TV shaped case!!) and an old Belstar LCD, The bracelet as ever was too small for my chubby wrists so I dug an old 20mm lizard style strap out and fitted that, I don't think i'll get to keep this one long as the mum in law has taken a shine to it!!

The Belstar Alarm LCD was on an expander but one springbar was missing!, It was running but needed the time setting on it!, I found an old stainless hook and clasp type bracelet (Very thin and from around the 80's!)  then adjusted it to my wrist :thumbsup:

xsRGrGW.jpg

With new bracelet fitted and a little polishing..

1kWjBRf.jpg

The Timex, Gave that a little polish too, Also put some Renaissance wax on to the strap as it felt very dry!!

LSjSG4V.jpg

Same case but different coloured dial/hands!

84TnhM3.jpg

John :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Where abouts are you John? I've got bolton in my head... do you do the Macron stadium one?

I've shuffled around a couple since they opened but coming up pretty much empty handed.   I stood one today though and made a fortune, almost cleared the stall - spare room might actually pass as an office now!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kevkojak said:

Where abouts are you John? I've got bolton in my head... do you do the Macron stadium one?

I've shuffled around a couple since they opened but coming up pretty much empty handed.   I stood one today though and made a fortune, almost cleared the stall - spare room might actually pass as an office now!

Sorry for the late reply Kev, I'm actually in Sheffield :thumbsup:

I also bought a couple of cheapo pocketknives and a couple of other things, I went Marsh lane bootsale and one called Bowshaw :thumbs_up:

33 minutes ago, jmm1 said:

https://imgur.com/aN9rHLe

I still cannot post.

Oooh!, That's a beauty!! :notworthy:

John  :thumbsup:

Edited by johnbaz