• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wearing my vintage Seiko 66-7100 this morning .

Monday morning and time to wear my Grail watch as today marks three years since I retired from work.  Zenith Triple date moon phase Chronograph with El Primero movement.  Bought from Fraser Hart

Morning Glycine Combat Sub ‘Golden Eye’ 3863-399-TB9 {Cal: GL 224 (ETA 2824-2)}  

Posted Images

Morning,

This 90 year old from the time when Ingersoll had a working relationship with Junghans of Germany.

It has blued hands, a silvered dial, a polished nickel-plated case and runs on the 13’’’Junghans Cal. J53 which started life as “Miss” in the 1920s driving pocket watches aimed at lady buyers. This calibre was later known as “NOBRK” with Junghans claiming that its balance staff pivot was “so constructed that it is shock-proof and practically NONBREAKABLE”.

Today’s effort came to me with the movement completely seized, a loose balance bridge and a spaghetti hairspring but is now back to fully functioning with exemplary timekeeping. And I‘m rather fond of its refusal to give up the ghost.

Regards.

Ingersoll 1930s after v.3.jpg

Ingersoll 1930s Junghans J53 after v.3.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

20210426_095840.thumb.jpg.7f78899297f573bc5099f96f7a3c742a.jpg

YEMA Superman (the cheaper one with their own in house movement) on a RIOS Apulia strap. Only recently put this strap on it, seems to have gone all 1970's on me, feel like I need a moustache and a Ferrari while wearing it. 

Edited by Dilly
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'll wear this brown Fossil quartz (with stuck date window) on its (upside down) fake Bostok bracelet today.

large.908888402_IMG_20210412_0814066022.jpg.500bc50bb440aee391354e9a9ee0dd5d.jpg

It looks like rain/clouds and this offering with its day stuck in the same day over and over on its odd/wrong bracelet will perfectly reflect my mood. :thumbdown:

• Like 9
Huge cuff

Hopefully in the tag all day for a change. 

Last of the prep in the garden done. 2 sets of visitors this week. So decent clobber on for a few days. Balmoral next week hopefully.

• Like 9