• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sapphire lens automatic watch with screw-down crown

Hi, not posted for ages but have been lurking, I am after suggestions on affordable options,

Only mechanical watches with a sapphire lens and a screw down crown need apply, not much to ask for surely?

I love my Venturo field watch #2 from Gruppo Gamma which does have what I need but I want more !

Any ideas?

I think you need to provide more information for anyone to help you here? - My idea of an affordable option would be £100 - £200 whereas someone else's idea might be £1,000 - £2,000 (?)
I have no idea what your Venturo cost? - I can only speak for the lower end of the price bracket & recommend anything from the Steeldive or San Martin brands, both of which lean heavily towards homage watches that use Seiko Automatic NH movements - I have owned one of each & their quality for the price is unbelievable - Hope that helps?
Paul

Hi, Thanks for replies, not heard of Zelos they look worth checking out,

Any size not really a deal breaker, I have a Hamilton Kaki mechanical if that had a screw crown it would probably be almost perfect,

I have a king turtle Seiko it's awesome , would love a Longines Conquest but a little out of my price range,

I have dabbled with a few of our Eastern friends such as Sharky, Addiesdive, and Steeldive all pretty good, I think I might try San Martin I hear good things,

Cheers again for suggestions, I love the look of field watches but want mechanical a decent brand with Sapphire and screw crown hopefully for up to  around £400

1 hour ago, rodiow said:

Hi, Thanks for replies, not heard of Zelos they look worth checking out,

Any size not really a deal breaker, I have a Hamilton Kaki mechanical if that had a screw crown it would probably be almost perfect,

I have a king turtle Seiko it's awesome , would love a Longines Conquest but a little out of my price range,

I have dabbled with a few of our Eastern friends such as Sharky, Addiesdive, and Steeldive all pretty good, I think I might try San Martin I hear good things,

Cheers again for suggestions, I love the look of field watches but want mechanical a decent brand with Sapphire and screw crown hopefully for up to  around £400

Zelos ending early tomorrow morning

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zelos-Swordfish-V2-300m-Diver-Automatic-Mechanical-Watch-Limited-Edition-/124693746326?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

There are just way too many options. It really just seems like you're being lazy quite frankly. So please do us a favor, what are you looking for and what have you ruled out?

Are you looking for a micro brand, something unique and not seen on every other wrist?

Or do you want something mainstream, easily recognizable by fellow WIS and commonly retarded as respectable Seiko, Orient, Tissot, etc...

What about Japanese vs Swiss vs Chinese?

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

There are just way too many options. It really just seems like you're being lazy quite frankly

Yep in a nut shell :thumbsup:

I Didn't see the Zelos auction because I was still in bed, :laugh:

It's just nice to see peoples recommendations / choices who have taken the plunge and are pleased with the quality of what they have bought, I like a bargain but as you say so many options but so many potential disappointments,

It would be nice to see a watch with the criteria requested that has something other than an NH35/36  Seiko movement in, 

40 minutes ago, rodiow said:

Yep in a nut shell :thumbsup:

I Didn't see the Zelos auction because I was still in bed, :laugh:

It's just nice to see peoples recommendations / choices who have taken the plunge and are pleased with the quality of what they have bought, I like a bargain but as you say so many options but so many potential disappointments,

It would be nice to see a watch with the criteria requested that has something other than an NH35/36  Seiko movement in, 

Finally you get to the point! Took too much probing to get there, all you had to do was be honest from the jump.

Well.... Sorry but your budget is light. You need to stretch to more like $800 to get something of higher quality than your plain old NH3X movement. I'm guessing that means you want either a NE Seiko movement, a Miyota 9xxx movement, or an entry grade Swiss movement like Sellita.

If I'm wrong then awesome! You've got all kinds of bottom barrel Orient to choose from. But I'm guessing you don't want bottom barrel, you just want to pay bottom barrel pricing. Sorry bud, not gonna happen.

You've got two options at this point. Stretch the budget big time, or take a gamble with something on Kickstarter.

Incoming Glycine combat auction win for around £200 so hopefully I will be pleased with that one bud,

Thank you for replies, think I will blend back into the background again now, sorry for my vague lazy request.