UK Watch Forum banner

Confession - I Like Jack Mason Watches

2K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  JayDeep 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm seriously super tempted by almost everything Jack Mason!!! In fact I kind of secretly want one of everything they produce.

Seriously though, they use decent movements, the case backs have decent designs on them, they have a good look to them, their dials are usually quite unique and "off the beaten path", and they offer one hell of a bang for buck.

Anybody have one they can report on?

#3 ·
#4 ·
A cheep risk/guilt free way to start here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jack-Mason-Mens-Vanderbilt-Commodores-Watch-JMU-1000-VD-New-Batt-Runs-Gr8-/264286242256?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

:thumbs_up:

Just browsing their website as I had not seen them before either, not keen on the Solar Collection, but like the look of everything else, the GMT and the Aviator especially.

Reminds me a little of some Dan Henry watches, a brand I've had 2 of and been impressed with.
And that's the reason I haven't tried them yet. I owned two Dan Henry watches, they are junk. Great looking, but cheaply built, with cheap garbage materials. Basically China! Need I say more?

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
So let catch up....

This thread is saying that Dan Henry and Spinnaker are Chinese made junk....and Jack Mason is not

2021-04-28_09-33-58
No not at all. I'm just saying they look very decent. Some using Swiss movements like Rhonda, which are very quality. Unlike the aforementioned. Also I only said I hate Spinnaker dials. Not that they're junk. I never said that.

#15 ·
Well I just bought one. A Rhonda quartz GMT. We'll see how it is when it arrives, but it's just to fill the last spot in my travel case, so I'll almost never wear it. I didn't really love it until I saw the profile view and this, to me, is how every watch should look from the side...

It also fits a much needed hole in my collection, 3 in fact. I've always wanted to have a Rhonda quartz movement, a 3 hander GMT and a Pepsi bezel. Too bad I'm not likely to wear it but maybe one week every couple of years. I hate travel!!! But I promised the ball and chain that I would take more time off work, a few 3 day weekends kind of thing, and do some local vacationing with her at least. So maybe this will get a little more action than I think.

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Body jewelry Silver Jewellery Rectangle Font

Attachments

#23 ·
Reactions: JayDeep
#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well it arrived, the bracelet is super cheap hollow link crap. Sounds like it's made of tin. The seconds hand alignment to the markers is the typical tick or two off, but it's fine for a travel piece I'll never wear. Bezel alignment is perfection and is 60 click. It's not a solid clicking, but it doesn't have any play or wobble so I'm pleased.

There's nothing great about it, with a decent strap it would be a good daily beater honestly. Yeah for what it is I'm a fan. For the price one could do better.

Watch Analog watch Arm Clock Wrist

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Camera accessory Automotive tire Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Wrist Watch accessory

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Clock

Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.