• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New in, Tempore Lux Diver

14 minutes ago, Bricey said:

I figure as I'm only likely to wear it on the rubber strap (or at a push the NATO) I'll leave the original bracelet at its full length in case I do end up letting it go.

You can sell the original bracelet mate, I won't need that when I buy the watch off of you........ :tongue: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I took a bit of a punt on this one, and it has just arrived, so thought I'd take a stab at reviewing my first impressions. A decent looking, but fairly flimsy hinge, box, half a tick.

Excellent write up, I love your sense of humour   Best quote has got to be: "Christ! Either the cushion it's sitting on is full of sand or this watch weighs about the same as a Vauxhal Corsa".  Brilli

Nice watch. I'm not sure about the 300 quid RRP but for the price it went for on ebay, good deal (£125?).  Again, not entirely sure about the £200 on SC but a good return for you if it sells

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

100% the best option for this one, I almost forget I'm wearing it (until I lift my wrist off of the desk in front of the keyboard and immediately fall to the floor like Neymar if the brought back Norman 'Bite yer Legs' Hunter for a game!

How do you manage to lift a pint? :tongue:

Nice watch.

I'm not sure about the 300 quid RRP but for the price it went for on ebay, good deal (£125?). 

Again, not entirely sure about the £200 on SC but a good return for you if it sells nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, kevkojak said:

Nice watch.

I'm not sure about the 300 quid RRP but for the price it went for on ebay, good deal (£125?). 

Again, not entirely sure about the £200 on SC but a good return for you if it sells nonetheless.

Feel I got a bargain at £125, ended up doing some more on the 4 other straps so it's stood me a little over £160 all told.

Hoping to get around £200 on EBAY so put it up at £225 on there.

Not sure what is normal practice on here for the classifieds, I've always assumed you put a price above what you want to negotiate down to something you're happy with when selling, but if that is not accepted practice on here I apologise and will amend the advert as I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.

I did message a couple of people that had messaged me with interest and stated what I had paid and what that I hoped to make a profit moving it on via Ebay, but was happy to hear from them if they were genuinely interested and neither were.

Genuinely sorry if I have caused offense or am deemed to have wronged the boards protocol.

Colin

I have removed the advert and will sell away from the board.

Apologies again.

• Like 1

I'm not a moderator so I could care less, absolutely no offence caused... and the watch is worth what someone is willing to pay, as has always been the case.  Personally (and bear in mind my opinion means nothing) I think you paid the going rate for a Boutique-brand Japanese watch assembled in Spain, I'm really not sure of the quality of the brand though, I've never come across them before but they look a nice substantial chunk. 

However I did recall a few weeks ago when you said something along the lines that you try to buy up cheap watches and flip them on in order to buy a more expensive watch, essentially for "free".  That's the mantra of a dealer, surely?  The million-and-one ebay links seemed to affirm it. 

Best of luck with the sale, but watch forum members are pretty savvy and we all have access to ebay, it's a tough racket buying there to sell for profit here... (fwiw I do pretty well buying on ebay to sell on ebay). :wink:

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I wasn't trying to come across as precious or easily offended with my reply. I've been here just a couple of weeks and enjoy the board immensely. 

Your post worried me I had stepped out of bounds making it available here, and so I've remedied that to be safe.

I don't think of myself as a trader, it's certainly no business, but anything I sell goes back into my 'watch pot' so when buying I try to make sure I am paying bottom end and when selling try to get as much as I can, not to feed anything but my hobby.

This might end up being one of those that I end up sitting on for a while before letting go at a loss (I know nothing of the brand and we all know that RRP stands for nothing at all), but I certainly wasn't planning on setting out my opening position in the red.

I'll keep the selling to Ebay and keep this place as somewhere I just talk rubbish and post ebay links (that is less from research and more the fun of window shopping, then coming here to point at the windows to see if anyone has any comments to share).

:thumbsup:

The biggest 'trick' to ebay profits is less about the watch and more about about timing of auction ends imo.

I'm fortunate to have a job sat at a computer and without a boss, so those auctions ending at 10:47 on a Tuesday morning with no one paying attention about last minute bids are fair game.

And all sales posted end on a Saturday or Sunday evening.:thumbs_up:

Edited by Bricey
Typo's
15 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

...The million-and-one ebay links seemed to affirm it. ...

Hmm.. firstly, I do apologise for the selective quote.. it seemed to be the easiest way to get to the point..

I do believe that although you might have a point of view in this case, you also missed the point.. or.  Mixed two points together and come up with an idea of malice..

Just as an affirmation of knowledge,  I was one of the members interested in this peice and have been watching the story of this piece from its conception.. through its ownership.. and its point of sale and I've seen no, I repeat no, intent towards intentional aim of gain other than a person buying and flipping a watch without intent of loss. 

The post about bay items has been.. funny.. educational.. interesting.. laughable.. and.. I believe (again) without intent of malice or profiteering.

My opinion about this holds no weight of course and opinions are just opinions.. but time will tell. Bricey joined this forum roughly about the time I did and he has been extremely funny at times but I don't believe his intent has been to profeteer.

Early days for us both I guess.. and again.. I suggest.. let time decide.

• Thanks 1

@SolaVeritate  I don't mind the ebay heads up threads, I wasn't having a pop at that,  it's always nice to be educated on new stuff that often flies under the radar - my searches have become quite monotonous with the same half dozen "favourite" brands popping up.

And I fully appreciate newish members being pulled in a million directions - when I first joined here I wanted to buy everything! (And trust me, I tried to). Its exciting to share new discoveries.  However, it's also nice to keep some of these things close to your chest too... I don't need help searching ebay. A couple of links to the more unusual gear is cool, I'd find a weekly update with 2 dozen links is a bit much. :laugh:

But listen, this isn't me trying to start a fight (I'm not due one of those for, oh,  weeks). :tongue:   It's horses for courses, we can't all get excited over the same threads

And @Bricey you've broken no rules or secret codes, but like I said you'll find a tough crowd if selling for over the ebay sold price - if anyone is like me then ebay sold listings are the first place I go to gauge a watches value before making an offer and given the short timespan between buying and flipping it looks a bit off. 

Trust me though, you've a long way to go to top me, there was nobody more active than I was on the sale section in my early days - I once sold a watch as it was still on the way to me in the post! A personal record. 

Yup, I definitely know about flipping.

Edited by kevkojak
2 minutes ago, kevkojak said:

@SolaVeritate.."we can't all get excited over the same threads."

"We" aren't "all" getting excited over the same threads.. you're absolutely correct.

I just get excited over the ones that interest me. 

In fact, I'm a little "tickled pink" to find a group of people that hold the same interest about "things that go around my wrist that tell me what time it is", that sometimes I find myself verbally amorous at times.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SolaVeritate said:

"We" aren't "all" getting excited over the same threads.. you're absolutely correct.

I just get excited over the ones that interest me. 

I feel like I'm not putting myself across well here, I have a habit of that. :biggrin:  just to be crystal clear, I'm not trying to be disparaging or snobby in my replies, "getting excited" wasn't supposed to sound sarcastic in any way, I genuinely think that every thread has its worth and I like the ebay link ones to an extent. As with anything, some of them (for me) can walk a fine line between interesting to monotonous.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, kevkojak said:

I feel like I'm not putting myself across well here, I have a habit of that. :biggrin:  just to be crystal clear, I'm not trying to be disparaging or snobby in my replies, "getting excited" wasn't supposed to sound sarcastic in any way, I genuinely think that every thread has its worth and I like the ebay link ones to an extent. As with anything, some of them (for me) can walk a fine line between interesting to monotonous.

I'm an accountant by trade, a generally grumpy one living with chronic pain, so it definitely best to assume any thread I start to be dry and monotonous, and take any that aren't as an oversight on my part :laughing2dw: