• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Biggest gripe with (insert brand name here)

My biggest gripe with Tudor watches is their awkwardly low profile bezels. They're dwarfed by the thick cases and just don't fit the whole look because of it. They should be thicker and match the overall design of their cases, the chunky design.

My biggest gripe with Seiko is their use of mineral crystal instead of sapphire. I'd bet over 99% of people buying a Seiko aren't diving with them, so that argument is worthless.

My biggest gripe with Citizen is their overuse of EcoDrive.

My biggest gripe is with any maker that uses 'bespoke' lug fittings and strap designs. Straps are common to be replaced and fitting an 8mm winged sloped and angled lug to a watch becomes the stuff of nightmares.

Oh and Boctok.. get a grip on those mental plastic crystals! "Designed for depth" yada yada yada... Make them swappable!

Edited by SolaVeritate
The sleep fairies attacked me.
  • Agree 1

I don’t really think I have any particular gripes with any particular brand. As I couldn’t possibly buy every watch out there anyway, I tend to ignore the ones I’m not attracted to. 
I suppose on the whole the thing that puts me off the most is the out and out homage, a watch that is making no attempt to disguise the fact that it is trying to look exactly like another (usually much more expensive) watch. If I am attracted to a watch, then I want the original and not some poor substitute. And if I can’t afford the original then I will shrug and move on.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My biggest gripe with the Omega Planet Ocean chronograph is that there is no quick date change, instead you have to rotate the hour hand round and round to move the date on, a pain if your watch stopped 10 days ago.

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, Bricey said:

It bugs me that Eterna's stop when on a winder.

Well yours does...

8 hours ago, AlwaysAlba said:

My biggest gripe with the Omega Planet Ocean chronograph is that there is no quick date change, instead you have to rotate the hour hand round and round to move the date on, a pain if your watch stopped 10 days ago.

Same with their Ryder Cup pieces. Same with the Panerai Due and many others as well. I consider it a very low quality feature in extraordinarily expensive watches. The two were grails of mine until I found out. I've got a buddy with more money than he knows what to do with. He owns so many crazy expensive watches. He let me wear these two, a Platinum Daytona, a Hulk, some Cartier chrono and Datejust2, all for a week. I was impressed with the Daytona, though it's nowhere near worth the cost of course. The blue dial of the Due was too kill for, best of all them, but that date adjustment killed me. The others were all just pretty okay, but nothing even near worth what they cost. Not that I didn't already know that. Most watches aren't worth what they cost, objectively speaking. Damn objectivity! Screw it! Lol

• Like 1