• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Heads-up - New Christopher Ward range

AVO

Think some of these look pretty smart, and have always been happy with the CW's I've owned in terms of spec and quality.

C63 Sealander Elite 40mm (£1,150)

C63-40ADA3-T00K0-TK_Picture_1.jpg?sw=284C63-40ADA3-T00K0-HKO_Picture_1.jpg?sw=28

C63 Sealander GMT 39mm (£795):

C63-39AGM3-S00W0-HK_Picture_1.jpg?sw=284

C63 Sealander Automatic 39mm (£595):

C63-39ADA3-S00K0-TK_Picture_1.jpg?sw=284

You do tend to get a lot of watch for a decent sum (especially if you have a £100 watches over £500 voucher (think I might still have one knocking about if anyone is wanting to take a punt, I'll have a look)

Edit: There are others (https://www.christopherward.com/sport-new?utm_campaign=352350_WK5-Sealander launch - UK Loupe&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Christopher Ward Limited&dm_i=5P8Z,7JVI,1BJAXD,VJKL,1) these were just the examples that stood out to me, particularly like the white GMT.

Like this dial/strap combo:

C63-39ADA3-S00K0-HKR_Picture_1.jpg?sw=28

£595 for a decent watch that looks smart (£495 if I can find my old voucher and it hasn't expired!) :thumbs_up:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, al_kaholik said:

I see they've bowed to pressure and relocated the logo to 12 o'clock

Yep - they listened.

Different enough? From what? There's not much around that's like the Elite.

Edited by AVO

1 hour ago, al_kaholik said:

I see they've bowed to pressure and relocated the logo to 12 o'clock.

Nice looking, but I'll re-pose my question from another brand - if it were a micro brand/kickstarter would you buy it? Is it different enough?

Different enough :hmmm9uh:...most definitely Yes!

Build quality, range of models, ‘pricing’, customer service, IMHO have yet to find better ‘all round’ package.

Believe me, as someone who has seen, handled, & owned a couple from other manufacturers, when I say they are excellent value for money (if their range appeals to you?).

PS...

Currently own 12 of their models, so perhaps a tad biased ?

:thumbsup:

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AVO said:

Yep - they listened.

Different enough? From what? There's not much around that's like the Elite.

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

Different enough :hmmm9uh:...most definitely Yes!

Build quality, range of models, ‘pricing’, customer service, IMHO have yet to find better ‘all round’ package.

Believe me, as someone who has seen, handled, & owned a couple from other manufacturers, when I say they are excellent value for money (if their range appeals to you?).

PS...

Currently own 12 of their models, so perhaps a tad biased ?

:thumbsup:

Its not slating the watch, just posing the question of whether if it turned up from a micro, as many watches do on the forum, whether it would be picked up.

As I said, its nice looking and stands out far enough aesthetically from the competition even if the brand and its positives are put to one side. I'm interested to see the crown in action

I'm confused.. why would anyone want a 24h bezel on a 12h movement? 

I've seen this before, is there a special function in doing this?

Edit.. now I see.. it has both a 12h hand and a 24h hand.

That's quite cool.

Edited by SolaVeritate

I'll buck the trend by saying that I'm not particularly impressed.

It seems that they're being marketed as genuinely tough, go anywhere, do anything/everything watches but, in my view, they're too compromised by fashionable/aesthetic elements to truly fulfil that function.

I had to laugh at the first video which shows an almost concourse-condition Land Rover without so much as a speck of dust on it going a tiny bit off-road and then the video cuts away before it drives into the ever-so-slightly muddy puddle so the lovely white wheels don't get all mucky :laugh:

Yes, I know I said I liked the new Bi-Metal Rolex Explorer and I know I've bought Dive watches (including a CW) even though I don't like getting caught in the rain and Pilot watches even though I can't fly an aeroplane but, if you're going to market a tough outdoor watch, then why not actually make one?

eg. O&W M1 or Seiko Alpinist.

I really like the Elite. Very interesting watch, although really just too small for me at 40mm. The others re smaller so not an option and I think it's seriously about time CW stopped ripping off other brands. They throw these in from time to time and I don't think it does them any credit.

In the past they even put out an advert comparing their red bezeled Trident to the red Bezeled Tudor BB, for which they received much criticism and withdrew the ad.