UK Watch Forum banner

Scurfa Diver One battery replacement & seal?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Polarbeartoenail 
#1 ·
Newbie question alert!!

My Scurfa Diver One stopped working so I'm guessing that I need a new battery. I have some basic tools so removed the case back and I see that it has a Renata 371 battery fitted. I'm assuming that it is the original battery so it makes sense to replace with another one.

With regard to the case back seal - Having done a little searching, I see some people recommend using some sort of seal lube (?) on reassembly to ensure the watches water resistance. Is this good practice or should I just turn the case back up nice and tight? The seal and inside surfaces look bone dry to me when I opened up the back.

Thanks

#3 ·
Thanks @JoT

Not seen that before and as you say looks easy to use - pop the seal in, give it twist and refit to watch Excellent!

I hadn't thought of replacing the seal to be honest but I see, in the link you gave me, that Amazon have neatly bundled a package of silicon and gaskets as a suggested purchase!! :)

#4 ·
Am I correct in thinking that I'm order to release the battery I need to release the small screw to the right of the actual battery? To me , it looks like the small
metal tang with the hole in it is holding it in place?
e4476b65809466fa0792f60d7228bd63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59e4b1202498373fa3b4c0efd8cf2b5b.jpg

#5 ·
Am I correct in thinking that I'm order to release the battery I need to release the small screw to the right of the actual battery? To me , it looks like the small
metal tang with the hole in it is holding it in place?
e4476b65809466fa0792f60d7228bd63.jpg

59e4b1202498373fa3b4c0efd8cf2b5b.jpg

No need to undo screw just put a bit of peg wood/ tooth pick in the hole and slide over ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.