• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Scurfa Diver One battery replacement & seal?

Newbie question alert!!

My Scurfa Diver One stopped working so I'm guessing that I need a new battery. I have some basic tools so removed the case back and I see that it has a Renata 371 battery fitted. I'm assuming that it is the original battery so it makes sense to replace with another one.

With regard to the case back seal - Having done a little searching, I see some people recommend using some sort of seal lube (?) on reassembly to ensure the watches  water resistance. Is this good practice or should I just turn the case back up nice and tight? The seal and inside surfaces look bone dry to me when I opened up the back.

Thanks 

Thanks @JoT 

Not seen that before and as you say looks easy to use - pop the seal in, give it twist and refit to watch Excellent!

I hadn't thought of replacing the seal to be honest but I see, in the link you gave me, that Amazon have neatly bundled a package of silicon and gaskets as a suggested purchase!! :) 

• Like 1

Am I correct in thinking that I’m order to release the battery I need to release the small screw to the right of the actual battery? To me , it looks like the small
metal tang with the hole in it is holding it in place?
e4476b65809466fa0792f60d7228bd63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59e4b1202498373fa3b4c0efd8cf2b5b.jpg

2 hours ago, Eddiex said:

Am I correct in thinking that I’m order to release the battery I need to release the small screw to the right of the actual battery? To me , it looks like the small
metal tang with the hole in it is holding it in place?
e4476b65809466fa0792f60d7228bd63.jpg

59e4b1202498373fa3b4c0efd8cf2b5b.jpg

No need to undo screw just put a bit of peg wood/ tooth pick in the hole and slide over , 

• Like 2

Yep grease your ring...  It prevents the drag of it being tightened against two metal surfaces distorting/damaging it.