• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Cheap Meister singer single hand watch options?

Hello all, 

Id like a Meister Singer single handed watch but dont have that much to burn. Are you aware of any low cost single handers that arent rubbish. I only have up to about £200. 

Have a great weekend. 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Dilly said:

Hello all, 

Id like a Meister Singer single handed watch but dont have that much to burn. Are you aware of any low cost single handers that arent rubbish. I only have up to about £200. 

Have a great weekend. 

Thanks

Try Luch one handed.

I've been tempted myself by them, they look ok and the reviews are pretty good.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

58 minutes ago, Dilly said:

Hello all, 

Have a great weekend. 

Thanks

Luch are fine, I've had one for years without any issues. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

cant you just take the minute hand of any watch and hey presto ....

And seconds hand.

1 hour ago, Dilly said:

Hello all, 

Have a great weekend. 

Thanks

Alpha does one that they call the Sun Dial. I think it looks great, kind of field watch like. But only have them in white dial right now it appears.

http://www.alpha-watch.com/sub.php?list=20

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just be careful. I had a Meistersinger a few years ago, loving the idea of just the one hand and time going slowly etc.

Very quickly after purchase, realised I'd made a mistake,  you start spending half your time trying to work out what time is it. If you wear glasses for reading then I would say this type of watch is not for you.

On the plus side, the quality was very good.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysAlba said:

Very quickly after purchase, realised I'd made a mistake,  you start spending half your time trying to work out what time is it. If you wear glasses for reading then I would say this type of watch is not for you.

I've got to disagree. I've found it incredibly easy to get used to, and I can tell the time to the nearest minute, even at a quick glance. It helps if you wear it as your daily watch. :yes:

Points noted on the the ease or not Always Alba and Wrench and good to see as usual on the forum vice versa opinions. This is why we need so many different watch options in the world. 

My collection started looking very samey, I naturally was go for military based with arabics, Seiko, CWC, Hamilton so a couple of years ago I made a decision to properly think about a watch before I bought it. Now I look and think is there anything else in my watch box that is the same and would simply get less wrist time if I buy this new watch thats a bit samey. 

So i try and find different, even slightly odd pieces or at least in a genre not all ready covered. Its not always easy to do. 

So anyway a single hander is probably more for me about having a single handed watch in my collection rather than how practical it may or may not be to use. 

Cheers

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rotundus said:

cant you just take the minute hand of any watch and hey presto ....

done that with a fossil, because the seconds track isn't -  ...

IMG_20191026_160914470(1).thumb.jpg.66f53573a18e969ef91f99bc6365bc78.jpg

I bought the longest minutes hand I could find, broached it, and stuck it over the top of the existing skinny short hour hand.

I had to smash the crystal to get in, because it's a front loader, and fit a new one, of course.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

I made lots of these 10-15 years ago. 
I must have made a few hundred over the years with ETA 2824 and Unitas movements, with many variations. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Impressive!

Did you complete them all single-handedly?

:tongue:

• Haha 4

Just now, Jet Jetski said:

done that with a fossil, because the seconds track isn't -  ...

IMG_20191026_160914470(1).thumb.jpg.66f53573a18e969ef91f99bc6365bc78.jpg

I bought the longest minutes hand I could find, broached it, and stuck it over the top of the existing skinny short hour hand.

I had to smash the crystal to get in, because it's a front loader, and fit a new one, of course.

Then I got this ...

which IMG_20201116_075602349(1)(1).jpg.9723314c1395d60a50a86e4048248f76.jpg

which is not quite a one hander

then I got this

May be an image of wrist watch

much less than £200

Ronda cal. 515.24H 

• Like 1

I've had a couple of watches from Slow that were single handers, I enjoyed them but the squared off cases might not be to everyone's taste.

20200915_081917.thumb.jpg.6d9779ea38dc0ec0e13f85906d887820.jpg

Should point out that mine was a 24 hour, not a 12.

I had a Luch a few years before I bought my MeisterSinger.

I have to be in the right mood to wear the MS. Long lazy summer days - YES! Drab winter lockdown days, feeling lonely and caged up - NO!

Edited by AVO

20 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Yes, in the manual wind Luch, and the Chinese one in the link.

IMG_8334.JPG

0_577626_f6e8addc_XL.jpg

Its strange.. it looks like its even using the same case. :hmmm9uh:you have to wonder where these 'large' producers get their ideas and designs from. 

What makes a large producer of watches differ from a microbrand if they are ordering the same movements.. heads.. faces.. hands.. bands from the same group of manufacturers as everyone else.

2 hours ago, SolaVeritate said:

I've been drawn to these..

https://svalbard.watch/

They are just a bit.. hmm..  and trying a bit too hard to get a grip on the scene but.. theres just something about them that just might gain momentum. 

Never seen them before - why did they put a date on their “SINGLY FA29”? I’d have quite liked the look of it without that.

I don't know them too well..

5 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Never seen them before - why did they put a date on their “SINGLY FA29”? I’d have quite liked the look of it without that.

They have just kinda popped up in my searches a few times and caught my eye. I wouldn't mind having the ££ to buy a couple of them :))

On 30/04/2021 at 19:10, Roy said:

I made lots of these 10-15 years ago. 
I must have made a few hundred over the years with ETA 2824 and Unitas movements, with many variations. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Roy, I really like your RLT watch above. Perfect for a single hand watch  nice and clear. 12 hour dials are easy to read to the nearest couple of minutes. 24 hour dial not easy to read 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chas g said:

Roy, I really like your RLT watch above. Perfect for a single hand watch  nice and clear. 12 hour dials are easy to read to the nearest couple of minutes. 24 hour dial not easy to read 

Roy, are you still making watches?  I looked on the internet but couldn't find a website. If you are I would like to see what you are currently selling  thanks Chas