• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Introduction

Curio

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I have joined this forum seeking your friendly expert advice and guidance on how to deal with 3 watches.

I recently inherited two unusual pocket watches with unknown history and have decided that it is high time to get a Carrera Calibre 5 that I was bought for my 18th birthday in 2007 it's first full service (I know, I know!).

In my defence it was too fine a watch for me at the time (mostly wear a hardwearing and disposable Casio F-91W) and it is still too nice for me now so it has sat in it's box for years, only worn on special occasions. I am meant to be getting married in August this year though and would like to wear it and keep wearing it moving forward. 

It's long due a service and unfortunately there there are a lot of people who claim to be able to service watches but as I don't really know anyone in the watch community, I don't know anyone by reputation.  The direct Tag Heuer prices for servicing are also a bit too far out of my price range so that's not an option.

I have noticed that there is a list of suggested repairers on this forum and I will be reviewing that closely over the next few weeks but if anyone has any recommendations for somebody based in Birmingham UK that would be ideal.

Thanks and great to be here!