• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seen a couple of brands that I know nothing of and can't find anything on here through the search function, so does anyone know anything about and of these three brands:

Bernhard H. Mayer

San Martin

Richard Legrande

Thanks for any pointers to where I can read up on these other than their own websites.

Google is very useful, for example a couple of minutes searching I found that Richard Legrande is a Singapore registered company founded in 2016, San Martin is a Chinese company based in Dongguan and Bernard H Mayer is owned by Mayer's Mint GmbH who started making watches in 2006 prior to which they made medals, coins and pocket watch cases 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Seen a couple of brands that I know nothing of and can't find anything on here through the search function, so does anyone know anything about and of these three brands:

Bernhard H. Mayer

San Martin

Richard Legrande

Thanks for any pointers to where I can read up on these other than their own websites.

San Martin (the only of those I have experience of) make good quality "homage" watches along the lines of Steeldive - If anything, the San Martin ones are slightly better quality & like Steeldive, offer great value for money for those on a budget - I've bought one of each & would definitely buy another - There's a couple of UK based sellers for each too, so other than scouring eBay, you can buy from them & not worry about importing from the Far East ... Paul

• Thanks 1

I'm confused about who is actually behind Bernard H. Mayer's jewellery and watches. They're being promoted by QNET, a Hong Kong based "direct marketing" company. This video implies that QNET is behind the design.

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I'm confused about who is actually behind Bernard H. Mayer's jewellery and watches. They're being promoted by QNET, a Hong Kong based "direct marketing" company. This video implies that QNET is behind the design.

They have been linked for the last 20 years or so, underlying owners or partners?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JoT said:

Google is very useful, for example a couple of minutes searching I found that Richard Legrande is a Singapore registered company founded in 2016, San Martin is a Chinese company based in Dongguan and Bernard H Mayer is owned by Mayer's Mint GmbH who started making watches in 2006 prior to which they made medals, coins and pocket watch cases 

I am sensing about as much heritage as a selfie-stick manufacturer .....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I am sensing about as much heritage as a selfie-stick manufacturer .....

Two years less than Christopher Ward, and 4 less than Bremont ? :hmmm9uh: