• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

A pair of Kereds with the same sunburst dial but different movements

Recently bought a Kered with sunburst dial. It pairs nicely with my other Kered that has a sunburst dial. 

Clearly the dial came from the same place, but they have different seconds displays.  One is centre seconds and the other has a sub dial at 6 o'clock.  Obviously the movements are different too; 15 jewels or 17 jewels.  

It's fascinating, (well it is to me anyway!), that there are other differences even though at first glance the dials are very similar: the hour hands are different lengths, the minute hands are different widths, the Kered logos aren't the same size or spacing, the winding crowns differ, and one watch says "Made in France" the other says "Foreign".

Keeps me off the streets...

two-starbusrt-Kereds-May-2021.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Those are lovely!!

I have two Cyma Navistars in the same way- One has a sub seconds and t'uther has a centre seconds!, Not as pristeen as your Kereds though! :blush:

I also have a Kered, But again, Condition isn't the best!!

3DRElfh.jpg:thumbsup:

John :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/07/2021 at 19:18, johnbaz said:

Those are lovely!!

I have two Cyma Navistars in the same way- One has a sub seconds and t'uther has a centre seconds!, Not as pristeen as your Kereds though! :blush:

I also have a Kered, But again, Condition isn't the best!!

3DRElfh.jpg:thumbsup:

John :thumbsup:

Not all of my Kereds are in such nice condition!

• Like 1