• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

An admission of guilt.

I haven't been posting in the daily "What Are You Wearing" threads for the past while for "good"? reason. After clearing out a whole load of stuff I just didn't wear, I found myself without a daily mechanical beater, so I bought a Seiko NH35 equipped homage. I'm not going to name it because the brand has courted enough praise and free advertising elsewhere, and I'm not going to add to it, but, Its been a long while since something has been on my wrist through choice, for such an extended period of time. It's not one of the multitude of diver "lookie likeies" out there so let's call it a "Fleiger Diver". The fact that the only time in two months that the crown has been pulled out, was yesterday to move on the date from the 30th to the 1st, will give an indication of the accuracy, so my question is, given that this is sub £100, and taking into consideration that a middle man has taken a cut, the thing has been transported from the other side of the planet, just how much do these things cost to produce ?

image.png.d3525ac1260a7a08e81d4b0e2174881f.png

Goods x is number of goods

Goods y is cost per unit

A is point of average predicted no loss for return.

X is possible profit 

B C & D are points where people stop pretending to know what is going on and hire professionals to tell owners where to spend holidays.. B. caravan.. C. South of France and hotel.. D. Bermuda and private rented home.

Edited by SolaVeritate
Grab your calculator!!!
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Goods y is cost per unit

X is possible profit 

B C & D are points where people stop pretending to know what is going on and hire professionals to tell owners where to spend holidays.. B. caravan.. C. South of France and hotel.. D. Bermuda and private rented home.

After a few V&RB's that's all to much like hard work. 

I'll be lucky if I make it to the garden for a fire and a bit of Disco Dancing tonight. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

41 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Goods y is cost per unit

X is possible profit 

Now I am really confused. Should I have got a homage caravan ?

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Now I am really confused. Should I have got a homage caravan ?

:rofl:

Have you not recieved your caravan yet? I'm sure it has been posted and should arrive to you shortly via caravan pigeon post depending on how many pigeons were needed (flight times vary).