• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pulsar model W861 short circuiting?

Hi All, its been a while, but glad you are  here as require some basic help!

I own a Pulsar digital chrono model W861-X006,it suits me well ,as with advancing years the eyes are not what they used to be, so large time details are a great help.

Recently the time came to change the battery, I have changed batteries on other watches in the past so thought nothing of it, how wrong could I be.

After changing the battery the instructions are to short circuit the AC (no problem its marked) and the spring switch????

Would some one be good enough to explain to me where I find the so called spring switch, is it just a small coil spring standing proud of the movement? (as I have tried that ,it did not seem to allow me to access watch programs)

What was I doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all assistance Caskin