• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

New watch day! Richard LeGrand Odyssea

Richard LeGrand is a micro brand I first heard of via JOMW and whilst I have thought they produce an attractive set of dive watches, I hadn't seen one that created a space that wasn't already covered in my dive watch leaning collection.

However their new update to their Odyssea Diver changed that when announced a couple of months ago. I think this is their 4th iteration of this model and the Pastel Blue version really caught my attention. I added my name to the pre-order list, was given the opportunity to complete a few weeks later and it arrived today.

IMG_20210504_194112_edit_274406167626357

I'm really pleased with the Pastel Blue dial. The bezel is subtle and the white raised indices really allow the lighter blue to be the feature of the aesthetic.

The pre-order price was a slightly reduced $419 and the dispatch was delayed by a couple of weeks so RLG sent out a $12 refund which was welcomely unnecessary.

The movement is the Miyota 9039 and the bracelet is good quality for the price point which a mixer of high polish and brushed finishes and a signed clasp. Pin and collars on the links which I always think is a pain in the arse but i've bought watches at 10X this price with pin and collar and £50 Paganis with screw links so go figure.

IMG_20210504_194437_edit_274443111898747

200M WR, screw down crown and a screw back case with an OK design

IMG_20210504_194505_edit_274457354373224

The raised applied indices are great fun. The execution of the 12 isn't perfect but good enough at a glance. I was also worried that the logo had gone backward on their previous design and looked like a copy of the San Martin new logo but in the metal, it actually looks great, which this blurry shot does not convey

IMG_20210504_194557_edit_274474494814888

Stand out however is the lume, excellent on those chunky indices and welcome on the bezel also

IMG_20210504_193824_edit_274330704582618

Papers as expected with a brief manual and a warranty card. Box is pretty naff

IMG_20210504_194358_edit_274424486820104

However the reason they're low rent with the box is because of what was inside it. A stamped watch roll, tools for adjusting the strap which is surplus but a nice touch and a tropic strap. This is a boatload of touches for a already good quality watch that was only £300ish

IMG_20210504_194426_edit_274432604908124

So in summary, very pleased with this purchase. Fine value for money and very attractive design - the dial is so eye catching, it's going to be great for the summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Been close a few times with RLG watches (generally the earlier, deep dark dial versions).

They really do tick a lot of boxes for me in appearance, so it's nice to hear a review from someone getting up close and personal with one.

That bezel looks particularly lovely to me, but is it a bit of a finger print magnet?

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Bricey said:

That bezel looks particularly lovely to me, but is it a bit of a finger print magnet?

I'm not so sure. I've got a few sapphire insert bezels and i've not really noticed that before.

• Thanks 1

Love it! I was looking at a watch with a face the same colour and bottled it, I might see if I can sneak one in on the next release now I’ve seen yours!