• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wednesday 5th May WRUW

Lots of early risers today, hope you all have a good day.

1620193283550773526901120413826.thumb.jpg.70570a7c3228011098fcd30bef0f8079.jpg

Tidying up before bed last night, I came to my eldest boy, Rocky's, desk. He turned 11 a little over a week ago and a pleased to say that I can't recall the last time I saw him wearing the one in the middle....

20210504_225628.thumb.jpg.d2d3d75ff383df36edad23e7094c6af7.jpg

He was sleeping in his little Kahuna watch, think its time to get him his first watch box :clap:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

Following on from the Centaur which I posted back in December, this is the second of three non-running donations, a 1960s Diantus Special which gets a wearing today. 

As is often the case, “Special” on the dial signifies a cheapo driven by a pin lever, here a 1j EB 8800, but this one is special to me as it belonged to a late friend. A gardener in his later years, his watches saw some rough treatment and when they stopped working, he just bought a replacement beater.

Along with the two others, today’s effort came from his widow to whom I gave an undertaking to restore and wear them.

Regards.

Diantus trv after v.2.jpg

Diantus trv EB 8800 after v.2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Following on from the Centaur which I posted back in December, this is the second of three non-running donations, a 1960s Diantus Special which gets a wearing today. 

As is often the case, “Special” on the dial signifies a cheapo driven by a pin lever, here a 1j EB 8800, but this one is special to me as it belonged to a late friend. A gardener in his later years, his watches saw some rough treatment and when they stopped working, he just bought a replacement beater.

Along with the two others, today’s effort came from his widow to whom I gave an undertaking to restore and wear them.

Regards.

Diantus trv after v.2.jpg

Diantus trv EB 8800 after v.2.jpg

I love and look forward to your posts in the WRUW threads every day, a genuine highlight of every morning to learn about either a personal history or wider brand / watch history, we are all richer for your contributions. :notworthy:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I saw this new arrival in one of @Bricey's "interesting" Ebay lists. I jumped on this because I remembered Excalibur coming up in a recent WRUW discussion, and I recognised - with the help of Dr Ranfft's database - a 21J Tissot 784-2 movement with a 'CJ' signature. According to Ranfft this denotes "without excenter regulator for Langendorf". So, I don't really know what that means and I wonder what a Tissot movement apparently modified for Langendorf is doing in a watch imported by a Birmingham jeweller. Answers, if you have any, on a postcard, or your electronic medium of choice.

Of course, it has 19mm lugs, so better fitting strap on order. This Nato will do for now. And - thanks @Bricey, a great find. :thumbsup:

large.514BA1E9-B6F5-4529-8C2D-D6155021994C.jpeg.bbde2dec684badf2d523b7aa56624e2f.jpeg

large.3EA5B1C5-7D01-4BCF-BDD2-52CE9F4908D1.jpeg.8fbe6b0a22a1c9a4adc56c8366c334e5.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

I love and look forward to your posts in the WRUW threads every day, a genuine highlight of every morning

I assumed you were talking about me for a minute there mate... :whistle: :laughing2dw:

TW Steel slimline for me today:

20210420_125547

:thumbsup:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, spinynorman said:

I saw this new arrival in one of @Bricey's "interesting" Ebay lists. I jumped on this because I remembered Excalibur coming up in a recent WRUW discussion, and I recognised - with the help of Dr Ranfft's database - a 21J Tissot 784-2 movement with a 'CJ' signature. According to Ranfft this denotes "without excenter regulator for Langendorf". So, I don't really know what that means and I wonder what a Tissot movement apparently modified for Langendorf is doing in a watch imported by a Birmingham jeweller. Answers, if you have any, on a postcard, or your electronic medium of choice.

Of course, it has 19mm lugs, so better fitting strap on order. This Nato will do for now. And - thanks @Bricey, a great find. :thumbsup:

large.514BA1E9-B6F5-4529-8C2D-D6155021994C.jpeg.bbde2dec684badf2d523b7aa56624e2f.jpeg

large.3EA5B1C5-7D01-4BCF-BDD2-52CE9F4908D1.jpeg.8fbe6b0a22a1c9a4adc56c8366c334e5.jpeg

Awesome, looks great and I too would be interested in the backstory / history of that.

:thumbs_up:

• Thanks 1