• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Inspiration pls - Ladies diver/ sports watch ideas

There's been a few threads lately talking about ideal watches to fit price or feature points. So....my wife's Certina is starting to lose it's shine, or more specifically is gold accents are wearing very thin.

I was lucky when I bought it as it was in a post Christmas sale and presented a bit of an opportunity not really matching any pre considered spec.

Now I can start looking for a replacement I struggling;

- Screw down crown, ideally.

- ideally an auto movement

- if not a solar quartz

- would consider battery if likely to be long life.

- rated to 200m depth or above, would consider below as not going to be used for scuba though a sealed unit via screw down is preferred given we are in the water a fair bit.

- metal bracelet, should be comfortable.

- a degree of durability so no pvd - though would consider.

- price £ 0 to 400 ideally or Eur equivalent - some flexibility upwards.

- ideally new, would consider something in as new condition.

- ideally sapphire crystal 

Any ideas welcome, tia.

I've seen these two, there are tidy looking Longines conquest but they are a little over the preferred budget;

This Citizen 34mm solar Eur 180 ish

xep6051-14l_1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4PAoi2JWh

This Certina quartz 34mm other colour options available, Eur 400 ish

C032.951.11.041.00.jpg

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/hamilton/hamilton-jazzmaster-seaview-ladies-37mm-quartz-h37411111--id18120655.htm

18120655-ayswaktcuthe87ul8iwhg0rk-ExtraL

Christopher Ward C60 TRIDENT 300

Christopher-Ward-C60-TRIDENT-300-1.jpg

Check out current prices on Christopher Ward

• Swiss Ronda 515 quartz movement 
  • 300m (1000ft) water resistance
  • Aviation-grade aluminum unidirectional bezel
  • Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
  • 38mm case diameter
  • 11.75mm height
  • 20mm band width
  • Date window
  • Superluminova hands and markers
  • Like 2

I happened across this one last night after the boys had mentioned Delma Swiss watches in the WRUW thread.  I had a look at their site, as I didn't know them - they have some ladies watches that I really like - but they're quartz and I really want an automatic.

I can't see any crown detail, but I think it largely meets your criteria, albeit a little more pricey at £475 and quartz.  Their automatic version is £890.

https://www.delma.ch/product/santiago41702-547-1-564/

They do other colour options, but they're not available on their site just now, but I found a shop in Lancaster that has the ones I like in stock and I'd like to try on before buying at that price point.

• Like 1

Nearly new (currently £285):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384138573800?hash=item59707177e8:g:WRcAAOSwn6hgYElP

Or New New (£395)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124623426282?hash=item1d042292ea:g:~ewAAOSwTfNgSNaY

gucci-ya136402-dive-unisex-quartz-watch-

Features

Calendar: Date display at the 6 o'clock positionFeature: Stainless SteelMovement: QuartzFunctions: Date, Hour, Minute, SecondWater Resistant: 200 meters / 660 feet

Dial

Dial Type: AnalogDial Color: WhiteCrystal: Scratch Resistant SapphireHands: Luminous Silver-toneSecond Markers: Minute Markers around the outer rimDial Markers: IndexLuminescent: Hands and Markers

Band

Band Color: Silver ToneBand Length: 8 inchesBand Type: BraceletBand Width: 20 mmClasp: Deployment with Push Button ReleaseBracelet: Stainless Steel

Case

Bezel: Uni-directional RotatingBezel Material: Stainless SteelCase Back: SolidCase Dimension: 32 mmCase Shape: RoundCase Thickness: 10 mmCrown: Screw Down

About

Brand: GucciSeries: DiveModel: YA136402Gender: Unisex

Style Type: Dress WatchSub-Class: WatchesMade Label: Swiss MadeWarranty: 2 Year Timepiece WarrantyUPC: 731903358164
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

@Briceyshe'd probably like that.

Thanks for input from others, appreciated, I'm looking at all the links.

The "Nearly New" looks (and calls itself) MINT, has a year warranty left and all box and booklets, from someone considering offers, might be able to snag it at £275 and have £125 budget left for something that compliments her collection but a little more dressy for evenings out of the water:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254963005769?hash=item3b5cfab949:g:euIAAOSwrj9gjXkp

:thumbsup:

Or a second, darker diver:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164846272484?hash=item26619a7fe4:g:UbQAAOSwsjJgj77f

• Like 1

Have a look at the Orient range of ladies divers watches. My other half has had one for years (chose and bought it herself in a sale), although it's quartz. They might do an auto. Here's an example.

fsz3v001b-1.png

1 hour ago, wrenny1969 said:

@Caller.will do

@BriceyI'm not an ebay fan but that Alpina looks interesting, despite poor description and photo's.

Full specs here

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/products/alpina-watch-comtesse-horological-smartwatch-al-281bs3v6

Only ever had one Aplima, a quartz Startimer, but it was a lovely watch.

Not sure what duties would be, but buying from Japan the Alpina is about £360 according to Google exchange rates.

https://www.thewatchcompany.com/alpina-horological-smartwatch-al-281bs3v6.html

Edited by Bricey
Typo
  • Like 1

That Gucci isn't a bad call.  I have had a few Gucci watches and quality is good.  To us the brand may put us off as a fashion watch, but overcome that and it is a good choice.

Pre owned ladies TAG Heuer watches are bargains.  You would want to budget for a water resistance test if that is important, but at auction last week two different Alter Ego models were under £200 plus fees.

• Like 1

That looks very nice - a lot of features that I'd go for in a watch - long straight hands, coloured second hand, clear indexes and minute markers - plus a lovely mesh strap.  I hope that your wife enjoys wearing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

Ordered the Yema, shipping late June - thanks to all who helped out, especially @WRENCH :thumbsup:

Two straps,10% off good spot @al_kaholikand a travel case

Marine-National-Femme--bracelet-Acier_20

Marine-National-Femme--bracelet-blanc-fa

Well done! Amazing coincidence. 

I was in the process of linking this as I bought this for my wife earlier today. Got the 10% and strap too (cheers Nicholas) 

• Like 2

I have this vintage Ellesse which I wear occasionally. They turn up on Ebay pretty regularly. I bought it for my wife some years ago but she's now a slave to her smart watch (some of Samsung which leaves me utterly cold) & a Tag Heuer for posh occasions.

It's a well built watch & keeps good enough time for me (ETA auto - hacks, hand winds & quickest date), has a unidirectional bezel which lines up fine, screw down crown, display back etc. It's 39mm including the crown so not a bad size, crystal is 26mm across & it's a slim 7mm thick.

Downside is non-existant lume (no clue how bright it would have been when new), the "organic design" integrated bracelet - which is actually very comfortable - is an acquired taste & the seals may well be part their best. I didn't pay much for mine but have seen them at £400ish on Ebay, which is far too much in my opinion.

Let us know what you end up with :thumbs_up:

20210419_080738.jpg

Sorry, having just read the thread through properly I see that you've already bought the Yema. Looks a quality watch - would be interested to hear what your wife thinks of it when it arrives :thumbsup:

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rolexgirl said:

@wrenny1969 does it have to be a new watch?

I picked up this Ladies' Seiko 4205 from Ebay a few years ago

It didn't have to be but it turned out to be. I'm surprised there aren't that many dinky divers for women available - I know you have your Rolex, I think I've seen a pic of it in the past, but across the price spectrum it's quite limited hence my call out for help :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, wrenny1969 said:

It didn't have to be but it turned out to be. I'm surprised there aren't that many dinky divers for women available - I know you have your Rolex, I think I've seen a pic of it in the past, but across the price spectrum it's quite limited hence my call out for help :thumbsup:

You are right there aren't many nice lady diver watches, I have still got my Lady Yacht-Master but they are crazy prices now

I have also got this vintage Ladies' Omega 120 which I don't wear very often as it is so special

Both are smaller than they look on my wrist at around 30 mm

large.DSC01029.JPG.a7882f2814b02fa3e4255befa177e1b1.JPG 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1