• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday 6th May WRUW

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Davey P said:

Put on this Fossil dress watch this morning, and realised how similar it is to the newly arrived TW Steel slimline :mad0218:  Trouble is, I like the Fossil better, so I reckon we might be heading for a "catch and release" on the TW :laughing2dw:

20170126_231926

Here they are side by side:

20210506_110538

The Fossil is about the same diameter, but twice the thickness, and probably twice as heavy thanks to the bracelet.  The TW is a lovely looking piece, but I think the Fossil is more "me".

Here's another side by side pic:

20210506_110635

Seems a bit pointless keeping both, so I'll pop the TW on the sales corner and see what happens.

:thumbsup:

Bracelet swap. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, trameline said:

E.B.

AA40CDED-5EE5-431B-B6FE-D2DB1F8B02E6.jpeg

I've been drawn to this maker and that's a bit unusual for me. 

I like them

29 minutes ago, Nick67+1 said:

51160805402_9a38f10fe6_b.jpg

SE420B36 Vostok 

I'm thinking about this :hmmm9uh:

Edited by SolaVeritate

32 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Fancy a old fashioned game of 'Battleships'...I have sharpened my pencil :teethsmile:

It's ok we waved our Ormers in their Frenchie faces and they frog legged it back to Frenchie land :clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Over to another pair of chronos for my last change....

ETERNA AIRFORCE III, Valjoux cal.7750, 25 Jewels

&

Полет Авиатор хронограф, кал.3133, 23 КАМНЯ (Poljot Aviator Chronograph, cal.3133, 23 Jewels)

1810726561_ETERNAAIRFORCEIIIValjouxcal.775025Jewels.313323(PoljotAviatorChronographcal.313323Jewels)..thumb.gif.821164a385b634c391a0746ab26b0e95.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bricey said:

@SolaVeritate

Cheapest I have seen for a while bit ends in an hour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elliot-Brown-CANFORD-Men-s-Watch-/373563766101?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Usually around £120 preowned

Yeah I saw it, had my eye on it, but with getting my g-shock and buying the other thing yesterday, I have returned to fiscal anonymity.

• Sad 1

A grail for me at one point in my early collecting days. So happy I finally got one. You can't see it in most pictures but the dial is to die for, with a gradient effect and almost a meteorite pattern to it like scratched aluminum. In natural light it really shines and shows.

IMG_20210506_133625.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

A grail for me at one point in my early collecting days. So happy I finally got one. You can't see it in most pictures but the dial is to die for, with a gradient effect and almost a meteorite pattern to it like scratched aluminum. In natural light it really shines and shows.

IMG_20210506_133625.jpg

Wow, what's the diameter on that thing? It looks beautiful but I think I'd be tempted to direct the strap and hang it on the kitchen wall! :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Wow, what's the diameter on that thing? It looks beautiful but I think I'd be tempted to direct the strap and hang it on the kitchen wall! :laughing2dw:

It's just the angle of the shot and my tiny wrists. It's only 43mm.

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JayDeep said:

It's just the angle of the shot and my tiny wrists. It's only 43mm.

I must remember to consider the perspective.

Lovely looking watch, 43mm is still pretty big when I is all dial and minimal bezel.

I have a Victorinox on the way that is 42mm but all face no frame and I'm interested to see how big that wears on my small wrists and 'carnie' sized hands!

• Like 1