• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday 6th May WRUW

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2021-05-06_09-18-46

Baltic Aquascaphe

I've spend a fair amount on a number of straps for this one and I've finally realised that the original tropic is actually what works best. 

The light defusing effect of the strap is needed as the case, dial and domed crystal has so much going on. Its been a good lesson on balance actually. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

From reputedly Germany’s oldest clockmaking company (Est. 1822) comes this 1960s Kienzle Selecta.

Kienzle seem to have branched into wristwatches around the 1920s although their heyday was probably in the ‘60s and ‘70s when, with some exceptions, their wristwatches were known mainly for their cheap ‘n’ cheerful pin lever movements.

Today’s is one of their better efforts, driven by the 17j pallet lever 058b25 with Kif-Trior anti shock and was a gift from my watchmaker who really, really, doesn’t like Kienzles. And so, by extension, clearly doesn’t like me very much either.

Regards.

Kienzle Selecta 2019 2 v.3.jpg

Kienzle Selecta 058b25 2019 v.3.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Another returnee from the wife's box today. a Fossil which iirc she got in the first place because it's one of the watches that has a habit of catching it's crown on the edge of my pocket when I pull my hand out, thus randomising/stopping the time. See how it goes, I don't think I need anything out my pocket this morning....

p?i=300d8e270a36ef297737001651445cd8

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Put on this Fossil dress watch this morning, and realised how similar it is to the newly arrived TW Steel slimline :mad0218:  Trouble is, I like the Fossil better, so I reckon we might be heading for a "catch and release" on the TW :laughing2dw:

20170126_231926

Here they are side by side:

20210506_110538

The Fossil is about the same diameter, but twice the thickness, and probably twice as heavy thanks to the bracelet.  The TW is a lovely looking piece, but I think the Fossil is more "me".

Here's another side by side pic:

20210506_110635

Seems a bit pointless keeping both, so I'll pop the TW on the sales corner and see what happens.

:thumbsup:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

This is a new one in , a Edox WRC classic open vision :thumbs_up:

O8gN7UQh.jpg

I've generally been a little indifferent with an open face, but that is a beauty! :thumbs_up:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1