• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Best new watch to then sell 2nd hand

8 hours ago, kevkojak said:

You might be able to "sell" the voucher. Not literally, it'll be in your name only, but if you can find someone in the market to spend a couple of grand then it's probably your best bet - sell them your 2800 of store credit for £2000, say.

It happens loads, insurers often insist on using their own shops (who give them a hefty discount). If you'd insisted on using a local family jewellers they'd have sliced 30% off your payout. 

That's your best return,  I have to say. Otherwise Tudor or Omega will retain the most money for a short term flip but you'll still be losing 35% or so - unless you're fortunate enough to be able to put it towards an Omega limited edition, unlikely you'll get one of those though. 

If youd been more specific I wouldnt have had to appear to have repeated what you said. I wasnt 'essentially' tell him to kind of sell the voucher. I was telling him to physically sell the voucher as I had done in the past. Way to read the thread, accurately this time!

55 minutes ago, Dilly said:

If youd been more specific I wouldnt have had to appear to have repeated what you said. I wasnt 'essentially' tell him to kind of sell the voucher. I was telling him to physically sell the voucher as I had done in the past. Way to read the thread, accurately this time!

Insurance vouchers are usually (in my experience, as a jeweller) in the holders name - they don't just post out a wad of gift vouchers like you get at Christmas. Like I said. In the post before yours.  Which you didn't read.  :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, apm101 said:

Put up a note in the classifieds, in case anyone on here wants a new watch? You can make a mutually beneficial arrangement with them...

Yeah. There are people in here "improving" their collection all the time. You can aid their improvement and both parties end up happy bunnies :thumbsup: