• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Breitling Super Chronomat - New watches

3 minutes ago, odyseus10 said:

Indeed pretty “Gaudy” looking and will be pretty expensive.

The faces aren’t too bad but what has happened to the bracelets ? And the one with the built in dial, reminds me of the awful Diesel watches :(

You pretty much summed up my initial thoughts ... :thumbdown:

• Haha 1

The stainless steel chronograph doesn't look too bad, although from these photographs it is hard to tell, I need to see "live" pictures

Likes: dial on the standard chronograph model, Rouleaux bracelet, UTC Module option (resurrected after quite a long break. pilots will be happy)

Dislikes: Size, it would have been better at 42mm and could have been achieved easily by shaving 1mm off the bezel, after all it's not a diver's watch; bezel again, it looks like they have minute marks 0 to 15 and 45 to 60, I don't get it especially as the Chronomat was conceived as a pilot watch with the bezel originally marked in minutes (which seems logical for pilot use) seems like they have got the bezel use confused with a diver's bezel; I don't like the coloured crown and chronograph pushers.

In fact the more I look at it the more I think the bezel spoils what could have been quite a nice watch 

It doesn't work for me in two-tone or gold

The 4 year calendar is not for me either, much prefer the in-house B01 chronograph

bsuperc2.jpg

• Agree 1

I like Breitling for their definitive look and they're going away from it. I get innovation and changing with the times, but to part with what made them an icon and recognizable anywhere seems very short-sighted. I don't like the bracelets at all. I don't mind the look of a couple but if I were to buy a Breitling, is get the classic looking ones instead. Wait, in fact I just did that! Lol and it's coming Monday!!!

preowned-breitling-chronomat-chronograph-automatic-chronometer-mens-watch-b13048__01__01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Does this mean some peoples heavy investments are going to take a hit?

Would it be best if people started to sell their Breitling's just now before the brand gets trashed or wait and see the results :hmmm9uh:

Nah I think it means that the values of the older style will skyrocket because nobody will want to buy these hideous things but they're still going to want a Breitling.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Hold the phone.. 

You mean that one with the Diesel type secondary timepiece on the strap is the one that begins at £14,000 for the base model?

:sign_wtf:

You mean the watch watch?

I've been told (by magic mice living behind my sofa..) that the one on the strap.. is actually the same as this one..

image.thumb.png.22903f10e9fe9def719576e164381ba7.png

Both in colour and size. 

Breitling is soon to announce that the watch is actually 80mm wide and 3cm deep.. beating the record held by Diesel by 15mm! 

I like them. Big, yes, but that's been a Breitling thing for a while. I love the idea of the swappable riders on the bezel. 

The UTC module has long been a thing for Breitling- I had a B1 a few years back, and really wanted to add the UCT to my Pro 2 bracelet, but couldn't fine one.

breitling-b1-chronometer-mens-black-dial

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, apm101 said:

I like them. Big, yes, but that's been a Breitling thing for a while. I love the idea of the swappable riders on the bezel. 

The UTC module has long been a thing for Breitling- I had a B1 a few years back, and really wanted to add the UCT to my Pro 2 bracelet, but couldn't fine one.

breitling-b1-chronometer-mens-black-dial

Yeah I know.. Im actually just kinda poking fun at it for no good reason.. :cursed: 

My brother has one and they are nice watches.. well made and functional (a bit too fussy looking for my taste) and they have a feel of quality. 

I'm not sure if the prestige is worth the money, but its not my money. :crazy5vh:

Not one for me but their move towards more vintage pieces is a good one imo.

Whilst many think of Breitling for there 90s styles onwards, they clearly weren't doing much for sales. Their earlier back catalogue is a lot more to my taste.

I have no doubt that they are a quality brand, but they've never really been a brand that floats my boat, dials too busy for a boring old f@rt like me. 

I do love this one of theirs though

17531358_1_640.jpg

I should say "I love the look of this one" never been closer than the other side of the shop window.

17 hours ago, JoT said:

A wrist picture, the crown and pushers are too prominent

B

bsuperc2a.jpg

What a hideous looking watch or watches. To me it looks like it has been designed by a child. Where are the rockets? But as they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"