• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Worst straps/bracelets from the factory

Farer without question for me! They are terrible! Extremely stiff and uncomfortable, plus they're just not good looking at all. They use no contrast stitching, they lack taper and just generally detract from the appearance of their watches.

Christopher Ward is another I very much dislike for very much the same reasons, but not quite to the same disappointing degree as Farer.

Tudor! Yes that is a statement in and of itself. I really dislike their bracelet's lack of taper. This is where Rolex gets it right and Tudor does not. Also that odd side of the links thing they do which looks stupid and serves zero purpose. Their stock straps are okay at best but again lack the taper necessary to look decent. I'm extremely disappointed with Tudor straps and bracelets, considering the cost. I'd rather have a Dan Henry strap and that says a lot!

Seiko, pretty much everything about Seiko sucks. I'll admit I'm a huge Seiko hater. Don't like the vast majority of their watches, although their marketing pictures make them look decent, in the flesh they are pretty much trash every time. Their straps are pure hell. Their bracelet's feel and sound like they're made from tin foil. Seiko should take a long walk off a very short pier.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Dude, is everything OK at home, you seem a little stressed.

Fwiw, I've generally been unimpressed with Bulova bracelets, had a couple of Bulova's with a rrp of £300+ where the bracelets sounded like they came off of a £10 Citron, and had the weight of a packet of crisps (or chips if you prefer).

The most disappointing is the strap on my Frederique Constant. Its a cracking watch and the leather band looks perfect for it, but is thin, and stiff and feels so cheap.

Still take it over a bund though :laughing2dw:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bricey said:

Dude, is everything OK at home, you seem a little stressed.

Fwiw, I've generally been unimpressed with Bulova bracelets, had a couple of Bulova's with a rrp of £300+ where the bracelets sounded like they came off of a £10 Citron, and had the weight of a packet of crisps (or chips if you prefer).

The most disappointing is the strap on my Frederique Constant. Its a cracking watch and the leather band looks perfect for it, but is thin, and stiff and feels so cheap.

Still take it over a bund though :laughing2dw:

Agreed, bund not cool. I'm always stressed my friend, but nothing abnormal. I'm just a realitst, I'm negative or positive depending on the watch, brand, etc.

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 1

Just now, MrF-UK82 said:

Just sold a Timex Q Reissue because the bracelet kept plucking the hairs on my wrist! When I said I like pleasure and pain, this was not what I had in mind! :laugh:

Yeah I've heard very negative things about those bracelets.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Anything leather with Tissot attached in my experience. Nastiest bracelet experience ever ? Bonclip.

Do you find Tissot leather straps are also really short too? Or maybe its just me with my fat wrists?? :laugh:

7 minutes ago, MrF-UK82 said:

Do you find Tissot leather straps are also really short too? Or maybe its just me with my fat wrists?? :laugh:

Definitely your meat hooks. But I've got tiny girl wrists so the best straps that fit me at Chinese garbage, unfortunately. Or the bespoke crap that costs way too much.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrF-UK82 said:

No problem with length, just really poor quality leather and self opening deployant clasps. Might be a good idea for them to give their fellow Swatch brand Hamilton a shout, and find out where they source their straps.

• Like 1

Right with you on Seiko, got a few now and not a single one I didn't take off the stock strap or bracelet as soon as I opened the box. Horrible cheap plasticky feeling leather and hollow ended rattly bracelets with budget clasps every time. The other one is Rotary who are an odd mix - they have a habit of putting absolutely anything on a horrible overstuffed round topped mock crock shiny leather strap, often with some daft deployant to make their more expensive watches seem classier and they are truly awful. Their bracelets however are usually fabulous quality for the price and one of their best features... go figure.

6 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Anything that comes with a Vostok. I’ve normally bought a new strap before the watch arrives :laugh:

I sort of don't mind with the Vostoks, it's part of their period charm and it makes me smile while removing it and chucking it in the bin. To be fair on the newer Komandirskies the bracelets have improved a bit to the point you might wear them for a few days like that while you shop around for the right strap.

• Haha 1

Omega deville prestige coaxial leather strap. Thin, weedy and look very poor quality. The stainless bracelet looks marginally better but not worth the £620 I paid but ar least I might wear the watch now.

• Like 1

While I agree that some Seiko bracelets leave a lot to be desired, others that I have are great. The original Seiko Pogue bracelets fall into the former catagory, being just folded, hollow metal or tinfoil, and the clasps were pretty basic, too. However to be authentic, the watch needs its correct bracelet. Others, mainly the more upmarket ones, are in my opinion quite superb, and easily on a par with my Rolex or Omega bracelets. The Spork bracelet is superb, as are the Caesar and Sawtooth ones. The Orange Monster was good, too. They are all solid linked affairs, and very substantial. The only thing I would improve would be to swap the pin and collar links for screwed ones. I would like to see the next tier up, ie the bracelets on the Marine Master series and the Grand Seiko to see how they compare.

Maybe someone who has either of these could comment.

• Like 1