UK Watch Forum banner

Farer... General consensus?

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Bricey 
#1 ·
A: Quality grading...

1. High quality (worth more than they cost)

2. Medium grade (worth every penny)

3. Not bad (worth buying at a discount)

4. Junk (not worth it at all)

#12 ·
I have had three, and would buy another. And I don't buy many modern watches! Very few deals, and used values stand up. The quality of the dial in particular is excellent, and there are little details you discover, such as the date wheels are colour matched to the dial

DSC_0206

DSC_0476

DSC_0281

#22 ·
I have just seen one of these on The Market Place on FB. It is the one with orange hands. The seller is asking £500 for it.

A very nice looking watch even though I have not heard of the brand.
I am very surprised as to how little I see them on here. I mean they are a British watch company after all. I figured there'd be more here than anywhere else.

#27 ·
That's a very nice looking chronograph, a sensible size and a decent movement. I suspect that they will do well as long as they don't go too daft on their marketing as some other ' British' companies have done. let us know how you feel about it when you've worn it a while.

Reactions: JayDeep
#29 ·
So here's my overall take on the brand, having two of their pieces now. They use quality parts and movements with somewhat generic, but not tired like the submariner, case designs, as well as some crazy colorful dial designs. This is where the problem comes into play, the dial colors is the polarization. I'll fully admit, a number of them are just plain cartoonish looking and cheesy, but not all, and not even most. Frankly the same could be said for the highly coveted and touted Christopher Ward pieces. I like that they aren't just producing the same old dials, black and blue with red accents. I love that they go out of the box and push the envelope in this way. With variance in tastes of course there will be some hits and some misses for different people, but as long as they keep producing quality products that are a cut away from the status quo, I'll continue to respect them and look at their products whenever I'm considering something to add to my collection. And that's more than I can say for the vast majority of brands. View attachment 30053 View attachment 30141

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.