• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Farer... General consensus?

That's a very nice looking chronograph, a sensible size and a decent movement. I suspect that they will do well as long as they don't go too daft on their marketing as some other ' British' companies have done. let us know how you feel about it when you've worn it a while.  

• Agree 1

So here's my overall take on the brand, having two of their pieces now. They use quality parts and movements with somewhat generic, but not tired like the submariner, case designs, as well as some crazy colorful dial designs. This is where the problem comes into play, the dial colors is the polarization. I'll fully admit, a number of them are just plain cartoonish looking and cheesy, but not all, and not even most. Frankly the same could be said for the highly coveted and touted Christopher Ward pieces. I like that they aren't just producing the same old dials, black and blue with red accents. I love that they go out of the box and push the envelope in this way. With variance in tastes of course there will be some hits and some misses for different people, but as long as they keep producing quality products that are a cut away from the status quo, I'll continue to respect them and look at their products whenever I'm considering something to add to my collection. And that's more than I can say for the vast majority of brands.IMG_20210508_104307.thumb.jpg.89e37c203d28107a188b1519015fb222.jpgIMG_20210510_085446.thumb.jpg.81cc23da04a0c3edbe5df817a7a133e5.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

So here's my overall take on the brand, having two of their pieces now. They use quality parts and movements with somewhat generic, but not tired like the submariner, case designs, as well as some crazy colorful dial designs. This is where the problem comes into play, the dial colors is the polarization. I'll fully admit, a number of them are just plain cartoonish looking and cheesy, but not all, and not even most. Frankly the same could be said for the highly coveted and touted Christopher Ward pieces. I like that they aren't just producing the same old dials, black and blue with red accents. I love that they go out of the box and push the envelope in this way. With variance in tastes of course there will be some hits and some misses for different people, but as long as they keep producing quality products that are a cut away from the status quo, I'll continue to respect them and look at their products whenever I'm considering something to add to my collection. And that's more than I can say for the vast majority of brands.IMG_20210508_104307.thumb.jpg.89e37c203d28107a188b1519015fb222.jpgIMG_20210510_085446.thumb.jpg.81cc23da04a0c3edbe5df817a7a133e5.jpg

I do like the blue.

• Like 1