• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Farer... General consensus?

14 minutes ago, Bricey said:

5. No idea, not had/seen one, bit they look pretty cool online in pictures.

Totally fair... Or Farer? Wow total dad joke. I'm so old now.

Just now, Jet Jetski said:

... very stylish, and appear good quality.

I'm saying 2 for the range, and 1 if you find the one for you.

This i agree with completely!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Totally fair... Or Farer? Wow total dad joke. I'm so old now.

We're all getting old, but it beats the alternative.

I picked up a new client this week whose date of birth doesn't start with 19. Then you realise your close to the point where the millennium was nearly half of your life ago....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bricey said:

How else would I get an accurate idea of their weight?

Displacement?

Oh, and if an idea is accurate, it's knowledge. :hmmm9uh:

Farer.. I had to look them up. They can't be that good if at least two of us didn't know about them.

Edited by SolaVeritate

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Displacement?

Oh, and if an idea is accurate, it's knowledge. :hmmm9uh:

Farer.. I had to look them up. They can't be that good if at least two of us didn't know about them.

Well you are very new so I wouldn't consider much weight in what you "know", no offense.

Edited by JayDeep

I have had three, and would buy another.  And I don't buy many modern watches!  Very few deals, and used values stand up.  The quality of the dial in particular is excellent, and there are little details you discover, such as the date wheels are colour matched to the dial

DSC_0206

DSC_0476

DSC_0281

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Well you are very new do I wouldn't consider much weight in what you "know", no offense.

None taken. :biggrin:

What I know at 9am on a Saturday varies wildly with what I know on a Monday at 4pm.

British design and nicely built. I saw one of these helping pick a watch for a friend's dad.

Edited by SolaVeritate
Shpelleng
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

None taken. :biggrin:

What I know at 9am on a Saturday varies wildly with what I know on a Monday at 4pm.

British design and nicely built. I saw one of these helping pick a watch for a friend's dad.

So now I'm equivalent to your friends dad. You're full of compliments today.

7 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I have had three, and would buy another.  And I don't buy many modern watches!  Very few deals, and used values stand up.  The quality of the dial in particular is excellent, and there are little details you discover, such as the date wheels are colour matched to the dial

DSC_0206

DSC_0476

DSC_0281

Love love love that brown dial Chrono

2 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

Eh?

It's not even what we eventually picked for him. 

:hmmm9uh: Hmm.. 

I would rather talk about watches.

Ditto. What did you pick for him and which Farer were you considering?

Just now, JayDeep said:

Ditto. What did you pick for him and which Farer were you considering?

It was about two years ago and one of their chronos, they only had it in green and in Glasgow the difference between green and blue is huge, he actually switched gifts for him and got him a bandsaw for his garage (of all things).

I just remember thinking it seemed well made with nice quality buttons, but didn't like the strap.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SolaVeritate said:

It was about two years ago and one of their chronos, they only had it in green and in Glasgow the difference between green and blue is huge, he actually switched gifts for him and got him a bandsaw for his garage (of all things).

I just remember thinking it seemed well made with nice quality buttons, but didn't like the strap.

A bandsaw is a great gift!!!! Way better than a watch!

Just now, JayDeep said:

A bandsaw is a great gift!!!! Way better than a watch!

Nooo..

Who needs a work object for a 55th birthday? Well.. not my dad, not my money. 

I tried to get him to buy the Tag but we went for lunch and I think he inhaled his pints.. soon followed "awesome" ideas.

:bash:

:tongue:

• Haha 1

I have just seen one of these on The Market Place on FB. It is the one with orange hands. The seller is asking £500 for it.

A very nice looking watch even though I have not heard of the brand.

6 hours ago, jmm1 said:

I have just seen one of these on The Market Place on FB. It is the one with orange hands. The seller is asking £500 for it.

A very nice looking watch even though I have not heard of the brand.

I am very surprised as to how little I see them on here. I mean they are a British watch company after all. I figured there'd be more here than anywhere else.

18 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

I am very surprised as to how little I see them on here. I mean they are a British watch company after all. I figured there'd be more here than anywhere else.

We British are a reserved lot and not really into " new". When the company has been going a couple of hundred years, we might just about consider them as having "arrived" .  :biggrin:

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

I feel they are aimed at a younger market than me , appear well made and not massively expensive but i find the colours a bit much , cases seem very simple and solid though , i prefer CW on the whole

• Agree 1