• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The Watch Source

I have seen a new breitling superocean 42 at The Watch Source in Hemel Hempstead for £600 less than retail everywhere else I have looked.

Does any have any experience with this company? I am a bit old fashioned in that I like to see the article in the flesh before I part with my money but they appear to be on line only 

35 minutes ago, chas g said:

I have seen a new breitling superocean 42 at The Watch Source in Hemel Hempstead for £600 less than retail everywhere else I have looked.

Does any have any experience with this company? I am a bit old fashioned in that I like to see the article in the flesh before I part with my money but they appear to be on line only 

Im like you in the sense i like to see first hand what im buying, especially something like a watch, £600 is a fair wedge and a good saving  though so if you do go ahead just make sure you look into everything thoroughly.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sabailand said:

Im like you in the sense i like to see first hand what im buying, especially something like a watch, £600 is a fair wedge and a good saving  though so if you do go ahead just make sure you look into everything thoroughly.

And pay on credit card (even if using saved money) for an added level of insurance and legal protection. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, chas g said:

I think I will go to watches of switzerland rather than risk an on line purchase.

I can agree with that, even if you are paying a bit more. Sleep easy. :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

I can agree with that, even if you are paying a bit more. Sleep easy. :thumbsup:

Thanks Wrench. I have had my cards scammed several times over the last 2 years. Beats me how they do it and it really bothers me when it happens 

3 hours ago, chas g said:

Thanks Wrench. I have had my cards scammed several times over the last 2 years. Beats me how they do it and it really bothers me when it happens 

PM your long number, expiry date and last three digits and I can run a check for you to make sure there is no scamming detected. Just to be safe.

• Haha 1

I think I bought an Oris from the “The Watch Source” which was marked as in stock and arrived without any problems. Of course even Watches of Switzerland can be caught up in a Scam referring to the Rolex scam recently :(