• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watches you have bought twice ...

I have flipped quite a few watches, and not missed them, although I do miss my Zelos Horizons field watch (but my son has that, and if I bought another I would get a different colour-way).

But the one watch I do miss is my Holton professional, black PVD. 

IMG_20200607_234247716(1).thumb.jpg.03253e61d111fba824ef2a6b75242ede.jpg

I sold it nearly a year ago when expeditions were a dim and distant memory, and I thought I had done fairly well to sell it used for more than I paid for it new.  However, I am quite happy now to have picked up the automatic version for what I sold my quartz version for.  One of the reasons I was able to let my quartz watch go is because it only hit the markers down one side!  At least I won't have that trouble with the newbie.  I expect the case is identical to the quartz version, given that it takes the same moulded rubber strap.

s-l1600.jpg

What watches have you missed so much that you had to buy another of the same type?

p.s. this could be curtains for my Titanium Citizen GMT diver, unless I completely lose my marbles and start wearing two watches at once ...

• Like 3

I have bought both of these watches twice, they are only cheap but the Pulsar was just a lovely all rounder with a beautiful blue on the dial and the accurist was still probably the softest leather strap I've ever had on a watch.

1061_2.jpg

340792141_71Q2wlU-EL._AC_SS450_.jpg.e06111a582ed74bce576267a69cbf484.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jet Jetski said:

I always wondered where Rolex got the design cues for the DJ from!  Every day is a school day.

It really was a cracking little watch (both times), I've got a Rotary that looks awfully like Rolex stole the idea for the president too...

gents-havana-blue-day-date-dial-bracelet-quartz-watch-p16109-26366_zoom.jpg

• Like 2

I've had 2 aquaracers over my long in the tooth years.. one I won from a bet, the other was a gift (one fell into the ocean and the other I gave away through necessity) they are ok, nice build quality..  but I can't see myself owning another one.

• Like 1

• Breitling B1
  • Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch
  • Omega X33
  • Omega Speedmaster Mk4.5
  • Orfina Royal Navy
  • Seiko SKX007
  • Seiko SKXA35
  • Seiko 6105
  • Seiko 6309
  • Breitling Superocean
  • Breitling Aerospace
  • Porsche Design by Orfina chronograph
  • Rolex Explorer II
  • Rolex Sea Dweller

That's all I can remember but there are others I am sure :huh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, JoT said:
  • Breitling B1
  • Omega X33
  • Orfina Royal Navy
  • Seiko SKX007
  • Seiko SKXA35
  • Seiko 6105
  • Seiko 6309
  • Breitling Superocean
  • Breitling Aerospace
  • Rolex Explorer II
  • Rolex Sea Dweller

:swoon:

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, JoT said:
  • Breitling B1
  • Omega X33
  • Orfina Royal Navy
  • Seiko SKX007
  • Seiko SKXA35
  • Seiko 6105
  • Seiko 6309
  • Breitling Superocean
  • Breitling Aerospace
  • Rolex Explorer II
  • Rolex Sea Dweller

Ummm.  OK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Bulova Lunar Pilot. Fantastic watch but either bead blasted or fully polished case and I now have a Speedy so no need...

I had the brushed version a couple of years ago. Flipped it and instantly regretted it.

Recently bought the polished no date version.

I also really miss my Orient Sea King and keep looking at them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrzee said:

I had the brushed version a couple of years ago. Flipped it and instantly regretted it.

If they did a bead blasted no date, I would definitely have one.  If I had not dithered in the H Samuels Sale 18 months ago, I would definitely have one ....

• Like 2

Three times actually..

Amazon.com: Casio Men's MDV106-1AV 200M Duro Analog Watch, Black: Casio:  Sports & Outdoors

I had one years ago, didn't remember owning it (before I started collecting) then found an old photo which featured me wearing it, googled the design and re-ordered immediately I found it, no purchased a Blue on with the logo after reading that Casio are not going to be using the logo anymore!

Probably get another one for one of my kids too!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Darren 66 said:

Three times actually..

Amazon.com: Casio Men's MDV106-1AV 200M Duro Analog Watch, Black: Casio:  Sports & Outdoors

I had one years ago, didn't remember owning it (before I started collecting) then found an old photo which featured me wearing it, googled the design and re-ordered immediately I found it, no purchased a Blue on with the logo after reading that Casio are not going to be using the logo anymore!

I am always on the lookout for a white one.

Seamaster professional (at least 4).  Sold my last one a few weeks ago on TZ, I can almost guarantee I'll buy another this year.    

Utterly recession proof though...I can happily pay £1500-£2000 for one knowing full well I'll wear it for free for a few weeks and flip it for every penny back.

Other than that, I've had "sellers remorse" on a few seiko models, the two that jump to mind are the 007 diver and Seiko Boss kinetic diver. Replaced those a couple of times. And sold them again. And replaced them again. Repeat into eternity. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darren 66 said:

Three times actually..

Same here, but I flipped my first and then bought six or seven in one go...all the colour options plus a watch or two to mod/adapt.

IMG_20210218_120549218.jpg

IMG_20210221_190502617.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mrzee said:

I miss my Bulova sea king. Got it for $150 and now they're like $400!!!

• Like 1