Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Longines Avigation BigEye Chronograph Petrol Blue Titanium


Recommended Posts

Just saw this article, thanks to Google recommendations, and have to say it looks lovely to me.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-delightfully-dialled-longines-avigation-bigeye-chronograph-petrol-blue-titanium/

I've only had a couple of titanium watches, both were quartz and quite small and the lack of weight made them feel a little cheaper than they probably were in truth. 

Is the weight likely to make this, a substantial auto from a proper brand, feel a little light on the wrist?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never had a titanium watch but i am considering one for the future(Breitling DWC 48mm diver on rubber blue face , I really like the Avigation Big Eye but i worry that the pushers are vulnerable as they protrude a long way.

Breitling-Superocean-Automatic-48-Titanium-Mens-Watch-V17369161C1S1-48-mm-Blue-Dial.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have only had one titanium and I didn't like the weight. It was a kinetic so the movement was half quartz half mechanical in weight with a super light casing/bracelet (The bracelet was terrible and eventually got swapped). I found out then that my preference was for the heavier side of watches. The idea that a light watch would feel good quickly went away through experience of wearing one. I like wearing a watch and knowing that it is there is part of that experience, the titanium took away that part of the experience.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Just saw this article, thanks to Google recommendations, and have to say it looks lovely to me.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-delightfully-dialled-longines-avigation-bigeye-chronograph-petrol-blue-titanium/

I've only had a couple of titanium watches, both were quartz and quite small and the lack of weight made them feel a little cheaper than they probably were in truth. 

Is the weight likely to make this, a substantial auto from a proper brand, feel a little light on the wrist?

 

That’s absolutely lovely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, midnitemo said:

 I really like the Avigation Big Eye but i worry that the pushers are vulnerable as they protrude a long way.

 

Longines spindle work is not always as robust as it should be , so I agree ... My Conquest has a dodgy crown spindle , its only 2 years old .... nothing bad enough to "get fixed" but still , not all together splendid ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Longines Avigation is a very, very nice looking watch, but, personally if I was in the market for something like that at £3k :huh:, I'd save myself £500 and go for the Spirit Chrono L3.820.4.93.0 - COSC certified (which the Avigation isn't) and 10 Bar (rather than 3) WR in stainless steel.........

longines-watch-front-collection-longines

.......Then I'd take my £500 and buy a super-titanium Citizen BL5558-58L and still have £100 left over. :thumbs_up:

citizen_bl5558-58l_catalog.png?quality=8

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RTM Boy said:

The Longines Avigation is a very, very nice looking watch, but, personally if I was in the market for something like that at £3k :huh:, I'd save myself £500 and go for the Spirit Chrono L3.820.4.93.0 - COSC certified (which the Avigation isn't) and 10 Bar (rather than 3) WR in stainless steel.........

longines-watch-front-collection-longines

.......Then I'd take my £500 and buy a super-titanium Citizen BL5558-58L and still have £100 left over. :thumbs_up:

citizen_bl5558-58l_catalog.png?quality=8

Yeah, thats a good call.

I should let you do any buying on significant purchases in my future (not that I have, or currently could) afford either option. :laughing2dw:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bricey said:

Just saw this article, thanks to Google recommendations, and have to say it looks lovely to me.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands-delightfully-dialled-longines-avigation-bigeye-chronograph-petrol-blue-titanium/

I've only had a couple of titanium watches, both were quartz and quite small and the lack of weight made them feel a little cheaper than they probably were in truth. 

Is the weight likely to make this, a substantial auto from a proper brand, feel a little light on the wrist?

 

Lovely looking watch...but those pushers.

Edited by sabailand
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

The Longines Avigation is a very, very nice looking watch, but, personally if I was in the market for something like that at £3k :huh:, I'd save myself £500 and go for the Spirit Chrono L3.820.4.93.0 - COSC certified (which the Avigation isn't) and 10 Bar (rather than 3) WR in stainless steel.........

longines-watch-front-collection-longines

.......Then I'd take my £500 and buy a super-titanium Citizen BL5558-58L and still have £100 left over. :thumbs_up:

citizen_bl5558-58l_catalog.png?quality=8

The numbers on the dial look better too :thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...