UK Watch Forum banner

Recently discontinued Seiko models now fetching small fortune

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rodiow 
#1 ·
It seems to me the big Japanese manufacturer has missed a trick discontinuing the 'sexy' models that were once so ubiquitous with, say, Creation. The brilliant Monster, the timeless retro 5 Turtle, the versatile Sea Urchin, the awesome 007 diver, etc, etc, etc. Why oh why? The models now look so very bland with no character. And anyone who snapped them up as little as 2 yeras back would be profiting in region of 600%!

#2 ·
I'm glad to see a lot of these models discontinued, especially the 007, that one had been around since the 7s26 launch and we've had two new generations of auto movements since then. Luckily they have filled some serious gaps in the UK market in recent years with the fourth gen Monster models trickling through (finally!) and the release of the Turtle and Samurai stuff. I tend to agree that they can start to look a bit samey though.

If you rummage through the back catalogue, some of their most interesting watch designs only ran a year or two. I feel like it makes things more interesting for us second hand hunters. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Good looking watch but brand new really, these were released as part of the "recraft" range, never intended to be a long stay I'm afraid. They wear well though, mine was the blue one.

Still, a weird cross-over given that they put a standard 100m "5" in the Turtle style case. I was never quite sure what the point of them was other than to add a bit of colour.

#6 ·
Good looking watch but brand new really, these were released as part of the "recraft" range, never intended to be a long stay I'm afraid. They wear well though, mine was the blue one.

Still, a weird cross-over given that they put a standard 100m "5" in the Turtle style case. I was never quite sure what the point of them was other than to add a bit of colour.
For me they looked futuristic in a traditional way, if that makes sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.