• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Crypto currency market

So the market seem to have massively dipped over the last week and seems a little reluctant to bounce back , 

it would be interesting to hear anyone who may have made so good gains lately 

No gains for me , £150 loss so losing less :biggrin:, unclear how the fca ruling will effect Binance  , need to see how it palys out its the uk company thats been ruled against , the exchange is a .com in the caymens  so they cant shut it down as i understand .

deano

• 3 weeks later...

So I’ve come up with the idea that it’s a long hall wait if you invest small amount of money but if you invest in big amounts then it’s a day job to keep on top of the crypto market 

I've been in on crypto currency for quite sometime and have done reasonably well out of it. The markets are so volatile so you're either in it to win big or lose big short term or (provided you do solid research on the coin/token you're investing in) to gain substantially long term (3yr+).

And if you think you've missed out on Bitcoin, I opted not to invest in Bitcoin in 2017 at $4k per coin because I thought I was too late to the party too.

Edit: early in my crypto dabbling I tried day trading and failed miserably - since then I've held 2 different coins in an offline wallet and let them appreciate.

Edited by krissy1301

1 hour ago, Iceblue said:

So currently I use Bitcoin and was wondering what a good crypto wallet to download 

Not sure if just incorrect wording - but if you do use bitcoin, can I ask what you use it for?

As for a good wallet, Trezor are the best ones. Tip - make sure you buy it direct from the Trezor website, there are a lot of pre-hacked cold wallets sold as brand new that as soon as you send the coins to it, they are pre-programmed to send them off into the deep dark hole of cryptocurrency fraud.

• Thanks 1

Guys just be careful. What you do with your savings is up to you. I’ve been involved with various investments over the past 40 or so years. Some have worked some haven’t that’s the nature of the beast but I must admit this cryptocurrency appears highly speculative and what’s more highly vulnerable to scams. See following link  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57983458

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/08/2021 at 08:18, krissy1301 said:

Iceblue, if you haven't already I'd suggest doing some research and buying an offline wallet (see post above) if you don't want to keep your crypto on an exchange (which is a wise decision).

I managed to swap all my bits over to Crypto.com hopefully that’s a better home 

On 04/09/2021 at 10:09, BondandBigM said:

Another interesting article that popped up on twitter 

https://www.numbrs.com/en-de/the-affair-of-elon-musk-and-dogecoin/

Doge went up and down on the back of what ever Elon musk said but know he seems to be talking a lot about Bitcoin so don't see doge coin getting the hype it did 

Edited by Iceblue