• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

White dial GMT no Merc hands

Looking for a white dial GMT. Don't care about movement but prefer mechanical.

No Mercedes hands and no oyster bracelets are my biggest things. I would prefer it be on a bracelet, but not a requirement.

$2000 and under

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antjrice said:

Already have the C60 non GMT in white dial, just too similar or I'd be all over it!

49 minutes ago, Bricey said:

44mm Alpina

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/alpina/alpiner-gmt-4---full-set---as-new--id15587503.htm

Looks nice.

Or a well under budget Certina quartz, to leave you £1500 to add an Oris 65 to the box as well!

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/products/certina-watch-ds-podium-gmt-c034-455-16-037-01

Screenshot_20210509-231417_Chrome.thumb.jpg.60aed1e64af30f8d6e8f7107469760b0.jpg

Oh all you posted the Raymond Weil looks best and closest to my taste, but I just can't get past the brand name. Bothers me from some reason. I'll look more into it though, just in case.

5 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Oh all you posted the Raymond Weil looks best and closest to my taste, but I just can't get past the brand name. Bothers me from some reason.

I know what you mean. Sounds like some kind of sleazy Berlin cabaret from the 1930s...Paul Raymond meets Kurt Weill?

Nice looking watch though.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, AVO said:

I know what you mean. Sounds like some kind of sleazy Berlin cabaret from the 1930s...Paul Raymond meets Kurt Weill?

Nice looking watch though.

Most brands with people's names bother me. I like Christopher Ward because it sounds very traditional and decent. I like Dan Henry, but not their watches. Maybe I'm just antisemitic and didn't know it. Maybe that's an assumption based on Weil and I'm wrong. Lol either way not a fan and just can't do it.

The Squale is the closest but it comes on oyster bracelet. And I loathe the brand name, but could get over it because it's Italian and they almost always sound stupid, like Panerai... Worst sounding brand name ever!!!

41 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

The Squale is the closest but it comes on oyster bracelet. And I loathe the brand name, but could get over it because it's Italian

It actually means shark in Italian but the juxtaposition of the letters always makes me think of squid for some reason. Sort of squishy and unpleasant. Squalid.

Edited by AVO
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, AVO said:

It actually means shark in Italian but the juxtaposition of the letters always makes me think of squid for some reason. Sort of squishy and unpleasant. Squalid.

Yeah I knew what it means. Given my speak my mind attitude I've encountered this "explanation" many times before. What people seem to want to misunderstand is that I don't care what it means. It's how it sounds. It sounds stupid. Just like Panerai! It could mean, "you're the sexiest ******* alive" for all I care, the sound of the pronunciation makes me think of baby talk. That's all I need to know. Nope! Thanks, no thanks. Peace!

Edited by JayDeep
  • Haha 1