• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

WRUW - Tuesday 11th May

31 minutes ago, PaulBoy said:

Chrono for me too!

victorinox chrono sailcloth wrist

Show me the box!!!!!!! :laughing2dw:

29 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Add another Chrono... Better pic later I promise!

Screenshot_20210510-220026__01.jpg

Looking forward to some better shots an an initial review, but looks very smart.

My boxless beauty for the morning movements today.

16207124241476427069177509031004.thumb.jpg.8c1f415948b6440f930f8a8809bbdb83.jpg

• Like 14

The RLT is still ticking away 44 hours later. That was a long time for me to wear the same piece, so today it's..

large.20210504_151724.jpg.0f37eeeb30d655362dbe1911b0e048ab.jpg

I need to figure out if I can live with the plastic or order a case mod & now I don't need to care so much about bumps and water.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bricey said:

Show me the box!!!!!!! :laughing2dw:

Looking forward to some better shots an an initial review, but looks very smart.

My boxless beauty for the morning movements today.

16207124241476427069177509031004.thumb.jpg.8c1f415948b6440f930f8a8809bbdb83.jpg

We could do a swap? - My set of lovely boxes for your Victorinox bracelet :crazy5vh:

• Haha 2

Morning,

I don’t usually wear the same watch twice in any 12 months, but this 35mm black-dialled GMC auto, originally from my watchmaker, got lucky. The brand is not recorded in Mikrolisk and I never did find out who made it. Runs on a 25j Felsa 1560, but with no further information, I had assumed it to have been a short-lived venture into the world of horology which sank without trace, and it may still have been exactly that.

Today’s premature reappearance is prompted by a recent posting in a German-language forum and I can only obliquely offer my thanks and my apologies to that poster for the surreptitious use of his images here. He had similarly come up empty and no-one has yet offered any answers for him. 

His 37mm example is said to be 1940s (hmm) and, although unstated, runs on what appears to be a 21j Peseux 330 whose bridges are multi-etched with the brand’s crown logo. The kicker is that it is housed in an 18ct gold case, hallmarked on the case back which is also stamped with the brand’s crown logo.

Which makes me even more curious as to why a maker with more than a casual nod to some quality seems so difficult to identify.

Regards.

GMC after v.3.jpg

GMC 18ct '40s Uhrforum v.2.jpg

GMC '40s Uhrforum 18ct mvmt with etched crowns v.2.jpg

GMC 18ct '40s Uhrforum case back v.2.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

I don’t usually wear the same watch twice in any 12 months, but this 35mm black-dialled GMC auto, originally from my watchmaker, got lucky. The brand is not recorded in Mikrolisk and I never did find out who made it. Runs on a 25j Felsa 1560, but with no further information, I had assumed it to have been a short-lived venture into the world of horology which sank without trace, and it may still have been exactly that.

Today’s premature reappearance is prompted by a recent posting in a German-language forum and I can only obliquely offer my thanks and my apologies to that poster for the surreptitious use of his images here. He had similarly come up empty and no-one has yet offered any answers for him. 

His 37mm example is said to be 1940s (hmm) and, although unstated, runs on what appears to be a 21j Peseux 330 whose bridges are multi-etched with the brand’s crown logo. The kicker is that it is housed in an 18ct gold case, hallmarked on the case back which is also stamped with the brand’s crown logo.

Which makes me even more curious as to why a maker with more than a casual nod to some quality seems so difficult to identify.

Regards.

GMC after v.3.jpg

GMC 18ct '40s Uhrforum v.2.jpg

GMC '40s Uhrforum 18ct mvmt with etched crowns v.2.jpg

GMC 18ct '40s Uhrforum case back v.2.jpg

There's a gold Landeron 48 chronograph on Catawiki, 161 in hammerhead points to Joseph Erard of Le Noirmont. Still no clue who made the watch though. https://www.catawiki.fr/l/24025505-gmc-swiss-chronograph-no-reserve-price-homme-1950-1959

• Thanks 2