• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Help me choose from these four...

There are two questions you need to answer first:

1) Do you really want a moonphase?

2) Do you really, really like cut out dials?

Dependant upon the answers, I may have one final question to help you decide.

(clue, the third question might be regarding sub-dial seconds)

Edited by Bricey
Comedic genius

Union for me, although the moon phase (I assume) would give an accurate indication at to which part of the 24 hour time cycle, so I don't see the point of the 24 hour hand on the sub dial ?

Process of elimination, I'm afraid.

I have an irrational aversion to dials cut out to display the balance (looking at you Garrick)  --  so I wouldn't take the B&M.#

The Mühle, whilst superficially attractive, looks on second glance as though a "lady's size" movement has been used in a man sized case (moon and date slightly squashed up against the central axis).

So that leaves Union and Montblanc.

If you like complications, the Union has them to spare  --  and, as Union is the "little brother" and neighbour of GO, craftsmanship will be good. The movement, though (I'm pretty sure) will not be made in Glashütte.

The Montblanc is elegant and worthy  --  but just a bit bland.

FWIW, I'd probably choose the Union.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chocko said:

if we all said the union would you buy it? Will you add them individually and the one with the most votes will you buy that one? 

Such is my disdain for you all, I'll be going for the one with least votes.

I like the Union one, but it could be a ballache to get it. My second pick as things stand is the Muhle, which is available at Jura/CW Sellors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxW said:

Such is my disdain for you all, I'll be going for the one with least votes.

Right, I'd like to switch my vote from the Muhle to the Union (proper 6 pointer and part of my masterplan, oooahahaha!)

• Haha 1

If I had to pick, the unfussy Montblanc although I would hesitate to buy a watch from a pen maker, especially because my pen from them wasn't that great. And don't like the way the date window clips the number VI.  

The Union as runner up. The Muele has a sad face and the B+M has a pointless hole in the face. 

1 hour ago, Bricey said:

Right, I'd like to switch my vote from the Muhle to the Union (proper 6 pointer and part of my masterplan, oooahahaha!)

Sold your sole because all the Tourbillons agree with me :thumbs_up:

Edited by Dilly
  • Haha 1